I have data stored in Western Digital external hard disk but now the message of

Javed76

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
Dear Sir,

Complements of the day,

I am javed iqbal ahmed from the ciity karachi of the South East Asian country Pakistan.

I have an External Hard Disk of Western Digital Company with capacity 250 GB.

I had partitioned this Hard Disk into 4 parts. '

The Data is all other pat are good and accessible. There is no problem in it. But in one of the partition the MESSAGE OF fORMAT DRIVE is coming although ther is my very useful data.

I dont want to Format my this partition drive and I want to access all the data present in it. Presently it is showing no data and message of Format is coming.

HELP I RRQUIRED FROM YOU :-
========================
I want to recover all my precious data from this faulty partitioned External Hard drive.
My Email address is , javediqbal.ahmed@yahoo.com
Kindly help me in this regard and do me a favour.
Thanks for your guidance.
Good Bye,
Javed Iqbal ahmed.
javediqbal.ahmed@yahoo,com

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Simply if it is asking you to format the partition of the drive.
Then it is not formatted so windows can understand it and mount the partition for you to use it. It means the drive was never formatted in the first place, and if windows cannor access it no data is readable on it anyway. Catch 22 there.
Just use easus disk recovery.

casper1973

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
DO NOT FORMAT THE DRIVE

This often happens when the drive is corrupted. Windows cannot read it correctly so suggests you format.

I second using EaseUS data recovery wizard. Have used it many times and it works well. You can also get a free trial - http://www.easeus.com/datarecovery/

Hi

Western Digital have a Windows hard disk diagnostic program available on their web site
(usefull as it will test other brands of hard disk)

I suggest you run it on Hard Disk as Windows recommending format drive is often sign of physical damage on hard disk in critical locations

The recovery programs TestDisk / Photorec may help if damage is limited

I would back up the other 3 partitions on the disk asap and before attempting recovery of damaged partition

finally do not give your email address out here or you will get lots of spam filling your inbox

regards
Mike Barnes