Archon in Vlad's tower

As per the subject, in my last game I encountered an archon in Vlad's
tower. Quite a strange sight. According to the spoilers archons
shouldn't be randomly generated in hell. Does Vlad's tower not reside in
hell?

PS. I succesfully tamed the archon. Quite an efficient pet. Sadly he bit
the dust on the plane of fire.

--
Daniel Sjöblom
Remove _NOSPAM to reply by mail

Daniel Sjöblom <dsjoblom@mbnet.fi_NOSPAM> writes:
> As per the subject, in my last game I encountered an archon in Vlad's
> tower. Quite a strange sight. According to the spoilers archons
> shouldn't be randomly generated in hell. Does Vlad's tower not reside
> in hell?

Exactly so. "The heat and smoke are gone."

: "You boil it in sawdust: you salt it in glue: / You condense it with :
: locusts and tape: / Still keeping one principal object in view -- / :
: To preserve its symmetrical shape." [ Lewis Carroll, "THotS" ] :

Dylan O'Donnell wrote:

> Daniel Sjöblom <dsjoblom@mbnet.fi_NOSPAM> writes:
>> As per the subject, in my last game I encountered an archon in Vlad's
>> tower. Quite a strange sight. According to the spoilers archons
>> shouldn't be randomly generated in hell. Does Vlad's tower not reside
>> in hell?
>
> Exactly so. "The heat and smoke are gone."

Perhaps Vlad has installed air conditioning and HEPA filters.

--
Benjamin Lewis

I regret to say that we of the FBI are powerless to act in cases of
oral-genital intimacy, unless it has in some way obstructed interstate
commerce. -- J. Edgar Hoover

Daniel Sjöblom wrote:

> As per the subject, in my last game I encountered an archon in Vlad's
> tower. Quite a strange sight. According to the spoilers archons
> shouldn't be randomly generated in hell. Does Vlad's tower not reside
> in hell?

You draw the correct conclusion.

Note that you may also safely pray in Vlad's Tower, and that you get the
message "The smoke and the heat are gone" when you enter it.

--
Boudewijn Waijers (kroisos at home.nl).

Dylan O'Donnell wrote:
> Daniel Sjöblom <dsjoblom@mbnet.fi_NOSPAM> writes:
>
>>As per the subject, in my last game I encountered an archon in Vlad's
>>tower. Quite a strange sight. According to the spoilers archons
>>shouldn't be randomly generated in hell. Does Vlad's tower not reside
>>in hell?
>
> Exactly so. "The heat and smoke are gone."

Ah, yes. Of course. Another thing I noticed in that game was that every
level of gehennom apparently contains exactly one minotaur. Clever :)

--
Daniel Sjöblom
Remove _NOSPAM to reply by mail

Daniel Sjöblom <dsjoblom@mbnet.fi_NOSPAM> writes:
> Another thing I noticed in that game was that
> every level of gehennom apparently contains exactly one
> minotaur. Clever :)

Each maze level (not just those in Gehennom) will contain between zero
and two minotaurs, in fact. Of course, this doesn't contradict your
statement with regard to your particular game.

begin quoting Dylan O'Donnell <psmith@spod-central.org>:
>Daniel Sjöblom <dsjoblom@mbnet.fi_NOSPAM> writes:
>>Another thing I noticed in that game was that
>>every level of gehennom apparently contains exactly one
>>minotaur. Clever :)
>Each maze level (not just those in Gehennom) will contain between zero
>and two minotaurs, in fact.

And, if you're lucky, two free heaps of wizard bones.

Sorry. I'm still a bit smug about finding a second such pile purely by gut
feel in the tournament - found one heap on the level, and something tipped
me off to the utility of further searching.
--
David Damerell <damerell@chiark.greenend.org.uk> Kill the tomato!
Today is Gouday, February.