Hammer Delayed!!!

JoeHead

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
And worseWhen will I see a Palamino or what I really want is a 13u Palamino. I'm holding off for something good but how long? I may have look into the Northwood as it should be here sooner. Hopefully with more cache and better instructions. 2GHz min!!!

Oh yeah the Hammer won't be sampling this year and won't hit the market 'til late next year. I'm not too excited about that yet. I will be surprised if does much for performance until 64 bit takes off and the processor and chipset matures.

I am excited to see NVidia's chipset. Although I bet they will need some maturing too. I reall hope AMD is helping them out there. Look what they did for there memory on the GF3!!!

Go over to JC's for the news:

<A HREF="http://www.jc-news.com/index.cgi" target="_new">http://www.jc-news.com/index.cgi</A>

<b><A HREF="http://www.seti.tomshardware.com/" target="_new">How fast is your PC</A></b>

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Um, it's been like that for awhile now. We've all had our eyes set on 2002 for it's release.

---------
I am the first and only one with a 16MB GeForce2 GTS graphics card! :smile:

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yep. and the .13 micron palamino is also known as the thoroughbred (sp) and will also be out next year.
what i find funny is that intel still says it will ship samples of itanium in the 1st half of this year. they have what, 2 months left and has anyone heard anything about the chip lately? seems fishy to me.

Even a broken watch is right twice a day...

G

I smell a dieing company. Well lets delay this chip and this chip cause we are monkey's and cant make real chips. Ahahaha AMD is going down anyone that teams up with Nvidia deserves to go under, Oh wait i forgot the US wount let that happen that would mean a monoply would occur. Oh well .

SPUDMUFFIN

<font color=red>Being Evil Is Good. Cause I Can Be A Prick And Get Away With It.</font color=red> :lol:

G

No i dont think so that smell.. ya thats burning monkey hair OMG AMD tried the servers with all AMD they just exploded. Oh well never liked them anyways.

SPUDMUFFIN

<font color=red>Being Evil Is Good. Cause I Can Be A Prick And Get Away With It.</font color=red> :lol:

327goat

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2001
If you want to talk trash, the least you could do is find an inteligent way in which to do so. Do you realize how little credibility is given to any statements you make? I see sometimes your own kind don't even listen to your useless nonesense.

Last time i checked, INTEL, not AMD, was the company loosing money and market share.

G

In fact today INTEL closed at 30.18 and AMD closed at 30.00, both up for the day. AMD is only .18 not as good as INTEL!! .... uh..Whatever.

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
Lol, I hope this is just a troll. Let's unroll all the stock splits and see which price is higher eh? ;)

-Raystonn

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my employer. =

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
As a stockholder in both companies, I am more interested in marketshare. AMD gained about 8% last year. Wish I could predict the future for this year, but we will have to wait and see. My feeling is that AMD will continue to gain marketshare (which means Intel will lose marketshare). If the C3 gets going, that will cut into both Intel and AMD at some level.

As a stockholder, I am not very happy with my investment in Intel, and am hoping that they can turn themselves around. My investment in AMD is doing rather well.

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It would be nice if Spud could contribute in a calm, intelligent manner. Come on Spud, even you can use a spell checker! It's not that hard!

Cool it with the name calling and "monkey" nonsense. If you have a fetish for animals, please keep it to yourself.

Behave, and perhaps Daddy will buy you a new Intel for your birthday.

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
amd hasnt delayed any chips bud, it was a rumor, just as intel delaying itanium was a rumor. do you not yet understand the differnece between gossip and truth?

<A HREF="http://synthetic.bsd-fan.com/pika.swf" target="_new">Hyakugojyuuichi!!</A>

G

Gossip hmm well isnt that everything AMD ever came out with??? Now heres some truth AMD is a cheap low end solution and always will be they have made shitty chips in the past and still are makeing shitty chips. The only reason they are around is cause the US government assists them.

SPUDMUFFIN

munkey

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2001
if AMD makes such shitty chips why then
1: did i pay less for my duron than i would for a comparable speed celeron.
2: why does my duron 850 oc'ed to 1ghz beet out the P4 1.5ghz in every sandra benchmark except memory bandwidth?
3: and BTW i have yet to fry an AMD chip with out any special H/W moniters, this all being from a boxed set with an el cheapo HSF and generic thermal grease.

is this reality... i thought it would more realistic.

TRENDING THREADS