Hearse and latest version of [s]?

Just generated my first bones file since upgrading to slashem 0.0.7e7
or whatever it is that came out last week. Hearse doesn't seem to want
that file.

7e7 does seem to accept bones files from the previous version quite
happily, so i would have expected hearse to do the same. Am I wrong?
Anyone else having this trouble or is it just me?

(BTW, anyone come across my Dlvl5 pudding farming accident yet?)

Alexis wrote:
> dogscoff@eudoramail.com wrote:
> > Just generated my first bones file since upgrading to slashem
0.0.7e7
> > or whatever it is that came out last week. Hearse doesn't seem to
want
> > that file.
>
> Um... can you send a copy of the file to the email address below?
I'll
> have a look and see if the signature has changed.

I can't do it from here but I'll try to remember to mail it when i get
home (another few hours).

Thanks.

I also noticed that Hearse does not seem to take my files from noegnud.
Is this something that can be added? (or am I doing something wrong?)

Thanks
tiny k

Alexis

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2001

dogscoff@eudoramail.com wrote:
> Just generated my first bones file since upgrading to slashem 0.0.7e7
> or whatever it is that came out last week. Hearse doesn't seem to want
> that file.

Um... can you send a copy of the file to the email address below? I'll
have a look and see if the signature has changed.

-- A.

--
My email address is hearse[AT]hotpop[DOT]com

Hearse Windows/Unix client: http://hearse.krollmark.com

Alexis <me@privacy.net> wrote:
> dogscoff@eudoramail.com wrote:
>> Just generated my first bones file since upgrading to slashem 0.0.7e7
>> or whatever it is that came out last week. Hearse doesn't seem to want
>> that file.
>
> Um... can you send a copy of the file to the email address below? I'll
> have a look and see if the signature has changed.

It has changed: 0.0.7E6 -> 0.0.7E7

7E7 will read 7E2, 7E3, 7E4, 7E5, 7E6 and 7E7 files. Earlier versions will
likewise read files up to and including their own version but not later
files.

HTH,

Ali.

Alexis

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2001

ali@juiblex.co.uk wrote:
> Alexis <me@privacy.net> wrote:
> > Um... can you send a copy of the file to the email address below? I'll
> > have a look and see if the signature has changed.
>
> It has changed: 0.0.7E6 -> 0.0.7E7
>
> 7E7 will read 7E2, 7E3, 7E4, 7E5, 7E6 and 7E7 files. Earlier versions will
> likewise read files up to and including their own version but not later
> files.

OK, Slashem 7E7 files will now be accepted, and files from those older
versions will be offered to 7E7 users.

Cheers,

-- A.

--
My email address is hearse[AT]hotpop[DOT]com

Hearse Windows/Unix client: http://hearse.krollmark.com

Do we need to download another version of hearse now or is that just a
change on your end?

btw thanks for the great program!

tiny k

Alexis

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2001

kdlittle88@yahoo.com wrote:
> Do we need to download another version of hearse now or is that just a
> change on your end?

No, it's just a change to a table on the server, so whatever version of
the client you're using now will be fine.

Cheers,

-- A.