[S] What to do with 3 WoW?

So it would seem Ive managed to find 5 magic markers (most very well
charged) and 3 wands of wishing (and this is after one wish from a pill,
and one wish from a magic lamp-- and I know where there are two more magic
lamps besides the one im using for light) in my current slashem game...
Besides the obvious question of "has the game gone soft or am
I about to do something stupid", Im trying to figure out what the heck
to use all my wishes for- Im a dwarvish arch, two-weaponing +5 Excalibur
and +7 Skullcrusher, with SDSM, GoDex, HoB, Tshirt, Speed Boots, CoMR,
all enchanted to +4 or +5.. and have a Solar, and a Planetar of Quezacoatl
as pets (I also have a Kirin and more movanic/monadic devas of Quezacoatl
than I can count scattered around the dungeon)..

If you have 15 or so wishes to blow, and have everything you need, what
would you blow them on??

--
Andrew D. Hilton
UPenn Phd Student

Andrew D. Hilton <adhilton@seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
> So it would seem Ive managed to find 5 magic markers (most very well
> charged) and 3 wands of wishing (and this is after one wish from a
> pill, and one wish from a magic lamp-- and I know where there are two
> more magic lamps besides the one im using for light) in my current
> slashem game... Besides the obvious question of "has the game gone
> soft or am
> I about to do something stupid", Im trying to figure out what the heck
> to use all my wishes for- Im a dwarvish arch, two-weaponing +5
> Excalibur and +7 Skullcrusher, with SDSM, GoDex, HoB, Tshirt, Speed
> Boots, CoMR, all enchanted to +4 or +5.. and have a Solar, and a
> Planetar of Quezacoatl as pets (I also have a Kirin and more
> movanic/monadic devas of Quezacoatl than I can count scattered around
> the dungeon)..
>
> If you have 15 or so wishes to blow, and have everything you need,
> what would you blow them on??

"oMB, and then polyself and eat them until you get the magic? I almost lost
my best slash'em monk on his run up with the amulet to a big L and his water
spell...

--
-JH
Ascended nothing in yet....

On 2005-02-26, JH <no@email> wrote:

> "oMB, and then polyself and eat them until you get the magic? I almost lost
> my best slash'em monk on his run up with the amulet to a big L and his water
> spell...

thats why I have the "oFlying-- even if I get water spelled, I wont fall in
cause Ill just fly over it, while still having ring fingers free for FA and
SD (or CF if desired)...

--
Andrew D. Hilton
UPenn Phd Student

Andrew D. Hilton <adhilton@seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
> On 2005-02-26, JH <no@email> wrote:
>>
>> "oMB, and then polyself and eat them until you get the magic? I
>> almost lost my best slash'em monk on his run up with the amulet to a
>> big L and his water spell...
>>

> thats why I have the "oFlying-- even if I get water spelled, I wont
> fall in cause Ill just fly over it, while still having ring fingers
> free for FA and SD (or CF if desired)...

Ah, didn't see "oFlying in your equipment list, so uh... I don't know then,
maybe wish up some equipment for your solar? (do they wear boots? maybe an
"oLS?)

Or, ascend with the 15 wishes in your pocket, just to say that you can :)

Or, save them for the corpse of a certain useful animal for when times get
tough

In other words, I have no idea what to wish for

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack,misc.misc (More info?)

Andrew D. Hilton wrote:

> If you have 15 or so wishes to blow,
> and have everything you need, what
> would you blow them on??

Style!

Ascend with the wands still fully changed.

HTH

xanthian.

Andrew D. Hilton <adhilton@seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
> If you have 15 or so wishes to blow, and have everything you need, what
> would you blow them on??

Magic markers (genocide/remove curse, etc) (blessed or cursed).

Rings/Amulets to eat.

Keep them as spares.

--
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is
not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they

If you have 15 or so wishes to blow, and have everything you need, what

would you blow them on??

We all should have such problems!

tiny k

On 2005-02-26, JH <no@email> wrote:
> Ah, didn't see "oFlying in your equipment list, so uh... I don't know then,
> maybe wish up some equipment for your solar? (do they wear boots? maybe an
> "oLS?)

she already had an "oLS- I dunno if they wear boots..

> Or, ascend with the 15 wishes in your pocket, just to say that you can :)
>
> Or, save them for the corpse of a certain useful animal for when times get
> tough

I dont think Ive ever used a 'trice corpse in any of my ascensions..

> In other words, I have no idea what to wish for

I ended up wishing for another solar on the astral after my planetar
died, since there were a couple vampire mages summoning a lot,
and i was feeling impatient...
It worked out well-- with two Solars to do my dirty work,
I never had to personally fight any of the Riders, even though I had
to go to all 3 altars before I found the lawful one
(also dont use HoOA)

--
Andrew D. Hilton
UPenn Phd Student