Sign in with
Your question

Looking for an awesome gaming laptop!

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
February 12, 2011 7:02:14 AM

Hey guys, new to the forum but love the community. I am getting ready for medical school and in sore need of a new laptop. I am looking for screaming horsepower for image manipulation/gaming and trying to maintain more than an hour of battery life. My ceiling is about $2000 dollars give or take. Please any suggestions welcome. Also I am partial to Nvidia cards and Intel CPUs. Thanks again in advance

More about : awesome gaming laptop

a c 244 D Laptop
a b 4 Gaming
February 12, 2011 8:47:05 AM

Hello and welcome to the forums
Can you wait for the Sandy bridge laptops?(Are available for pre-order and should be shipping in March)
m
l
February 12, 2011 11:10:12 AM

I agree. Also, take a look at xoticpc.com, as gaming notebooks go they seem to have the most options. Plus, the customer service feedback seems to be good. I personally did not have the cash to use them, but if I had I would have used their site after the extensive research I did.
m
l
Related resources
February 12, 2011 3:40:53 PM

Perfect, thanks for the reply. I wanted to start looking now so that when it comes time for fall I will be ready to purchase. Also, what advantages does sandy bridge provide exactly, I have heard about the tech but don't have a lot of knowledge on the subject.
m
l
a c 244 D Laptop
a b 4 Gaming
February 12, 2011 3:50:11 PM

Sandy bridge mobile CPUs are much more powerful than current Core i CPUs.
They even perform as good as their desktop brothers in some apps/games plus they have a much more better IGP(Integrated Graphic) along with better battery life and less power consumption.
m
l
February 12, 2011 7:47:46 PM

Also, ATI and Nvidia are working on new schemes that let you switch graphics more fluidly so that you save battery life.

Toms actually has a great article under the processors section which explains it really well. Quick take: SandyBridge actually puts the integrated GPU on the CPU wafer. This allows for gains in the power and graphics uses.
m
l
!