Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 is cannot see my second hard drive

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
May 7, 2010 4:26:22 PM

Hello, i have just installed windows 7 and it cannot find my second hard drive, and it has got all of my picture on it... a little help please :) 

More about : windows hard drive

a b $ Windows 7
May 7, 2010 6:52:58 PM

Quote:
Hello, i have just installed windows 7 and it cannot find my second hard drive, and it has got all of my picture on it... a little help please :) 

Have a look in Control Panel and click on Large icons. Then. under Administrative Tools, go to Computer Management and then Disk Management. If the disk appears in the without a drive letter, give it one and restart the computer. If it doesn't show up then, W7 may have formatted it so post back without doing any further to the system.

m
l
a b $ Windows 7
May 9, 2010 1:46:54 AM

Amielou,

If you right click on 'Computer' and select 'manage.' From there, select 'Disk Management' -- what do you see? Are there two disks or only one?

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
May 9, 2010 7:00:08 AM

JessicaD said:
Amielou,

If you right click on 'Computer' and select 'manage.' From there, select 'Disk Management' -- what do you see? Are there two disks or only one?

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

Now why didn't I think of that? :D 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
May 9, 2010 7:58:35 AM

This seems to happen a lot with Windows 7.The solution is to repartition and format the hard disk using Windows 7 Disk manager. You do of course have to back up your pictures first on another computer before doing this.
m
l
!