cpu usage

G

Hi,
ive noticed when i have pretty much nothing going my cpu usage is around 70-80% , when i open winamp and play a mp3 it drops to 17%. im using Mpower to show me my cpu usage which can be found @ mindbeat.com. the cpu is a 1100mhz tbird and its on a asus a7v133.
im wondering why its like that?

thanks

G

my old k6-2 350 did that
but it was some app in the background running
and it didnt show up when i went

Control alt Delete
it was some app some website installed..

--call it what you wish, with this machine I can make mercury flow in 3 directions at once--

G

its some app
or windows is messed

format?

--call it what you wish, with this machine I can make mercury flow in 3 directions at once--

btvillarin

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
Maybe <A HREF="http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q227/1/31.ASP?LN=EN-US&SD=gn&FR=1&qry=system monitor kernel processor usage&rnk=2&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=W98SE" target="_new">this known problem</A> also applies to that program, or any processor usage program monitor(?)

That's interesting...

<i>OC...unless your computer's cheezy (is that a good rhyme?)</i> :eek:

btvillarin

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
It's not system resources that was his concern, it was his Kernel Processor Usage. (Go to Start Menu > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Monitor) There should be a graph "Kernel: Processor Usage". For d00d, he's using another program, and it's still saying that his usage is high even though he's barely doing anything.

<i>OC...unless your computer's cheezy (is that a good rhyme?)</i> :eek:

G

Thanks for the help guys.
i tried system monitor and it showed me the same as what mpower was showing me and it also showed the cpu usage drop when i played a mp3.
its not a big deal , the system is stable and i only use it for playing games i was just wondering about that.
thanks again