Magic cap.

I want to fix a glaring ommision from the dmg magic item list. I want to
make a wizards hat that can be used to stash stuff in. Stuff like a
spellbook, rabbits or even a lion's head. It would be appropriate to make
it 1/10 the capacity of a small bag of holding but the weight of a normal
wizard's hat. I am not good at pricing magic items but I was thinking
between 1500 and 2000 gold. Is this about right?

-phy
13 answers Last reply
More about magic

    Suddenly, phy, drunk as a lemur, stumbled out of the darkness and
    exclaimed:

    > I want to fix a glaring ommision from the dmg magic item list. I want
    > to make a wizards hat that can be used to stash stuff in. Stuff like a
    > spellbook, rabbits or even a lion's head. It would be appropriate to
    > make it 1/10 the capacity of a small bag of holding but the weight of
    > a normal wizard's hat. I am not good at pricing magic items but I was
    > thinking between 1500 and 2000 gold. Is this about right?

    Again?

    --
    Billy Yank

    Quinn: "I'm saying it us, or them."
    Murphy: "Well I choose them."
    Q: "That's NOT an option!"
    M: "Then you shouldn't have framed it as one."
    -Sealab 2021

    Billy Yank's Baldur's Gate Photo Portraits
    http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2xvw6/

    Billy Yank wrote:
    > Suddenly, phy, drunk as a lemur, stumbled out of the darkness and
    > exclaimed:
    >

    >>I want to fix a glaring ommision from the dmg magic item list. I want
    >>to make a wizards hat that can be used to stash stuff in. Stuff like a
    >>spellbook, rabbits or even a lion's head. It would be appropriate to
    >>make it 1/10 the capacity of a small bag of holding but the weight of
    >>a normal wizard's hat. I am not good at pricing magic items but I was
    >>thinking between 1500 and 2000 gold. Is this about right?
    >>

    > Again?

    Yeah, that trick NEVER works.

    --
    Sea Wasp
    /^\

    Sea Wasp <seaobviouswasp@sgeobviousinc.com>, we accidentally replaced
    your heart with a baked potato. You have about three seconds to live.

    >Billy Yank wrote:
    >> Suddenly, phy, drunk as a lemur, stumbled out of the darkness and
    >> exclaimed:
    >>

    >>>I want to fix a glaring ommision from the dmg magic item list. I want
    >>>to make a wizards hat that can be used to stash stuff in. Stuff like a
    >>>spellbook, rabbits or even a lion's head. It would be appropriate to
    >>>make it 1/10 the capacity of a small bag of holding but the weight of
    >>>a normal wizard's hat. I am not good at pricing magic items but I was
    >>>thinking between 1500 and 2000 gold. Is this about right?
    >>>

    >> Again?
    >>

    > Yeah, that trick NEVER works.

    Nuthin' up muh sleeve.

    Bill
    --
    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may eventually
    get to be boss and work twelve hours a day. - Robert Frost

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:54:23 +0000, phy wrote:

    > I want to fix a glaring ommision from the dmg magic item list. I want to
    > make a wizards hat that can be used to stash stuff in. Stuff like a
    > spellbook, rabbits or even a lion's head. It would be appropriate to make
    > it 1/10 the capacity of a small bag of holding but the weight of a normal
    > wizard's hat. I am not good at pricing magic items but I was thinking
    > between 1500 and 2000 gold. Is this about right?
    >
    > -phy

    I'm not good at pricing magic items too, but...
    ....you forgot the ability to Know Alignment and Make poems.

    LL

    phy wrote:
    > "Mark Blunden" <m.blundenATntlworld.com@address.invalid> wrote in
    >
    > > Give it a 20% discount if you add the requirement to keep a live
    > > rabbit in there.
    >
    > Wouldn't it suffocate after 10 minutes?

    Well, nobody ever says watch as I pull this *breathing* rabbit from my
    hat.

    Lorenz Lang wrote:

    > On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:54:23 +0000, phy wrote:
    >

    >>I want to fix a glaring ommision from the dmg magic item list. I want to
    >>make a wizards hat that can be used to stash stuff in. Stuff like a
    >>spellbook, rabbits or even a lion's head. It would be appropriate to make
    >>it 1/10 the capacity of a small bag of holding but the weight of a normal
    >>wizard's hat. I am not good at pricing magic items but I was thinking
    >>between 1500 and 2000 gold. Is this about right?
    >
    > I'm not good at pricing magic items too, but...
    > ...you forgot the ability to Know Alignment and Make poems.

    Special case.
    Intelligent version with Perform skill and an ability.

    phy wrote:

    > "Mark Blunden" <m.blundenATntlworld.com@address.invalid> wrote in
    >
    >>Give it a 20% discount if you add the requirement to keep a live
    >>rabbit in there.
    >
    > Wouldn't it suffocate after 10 minutes?

    No, thilly! Itth magic!

    In article <g4p52156ejiha59brpr7vp7l49mupend0r@4ax.com>,
    Wildwood <wildwood72@pipeline.com.invalid> wrote:
    >Sea Wasp <seaobviouswasp@sgeobviousinc.com>, we accidentally replaced
    >your heart with a baked potato. You have about three seconds to live.
    >
    >>Billy Yank wrote:
    >>> Suddenly, phy, drunk as a lemur, stumbled out of the darkness and
    >>> exclaimed:

    >>> Again?
    >>>

    >> Yeah, that trick NEVER works.
    >
    >Nuthin' up muh sleeve.

    [pulls out Rhino head]

    David Alex Lamb wrote:
    > In article <g4p52156ejiha59brpr7vp7l49mupend0r@4ax.com>,
    > Wildwood <wildwood72@pipeline.com.invalid> wrote:
    >> Sea Wasp <seaobviouswasp@sgeobviousinc.com>, we accidentally replaced
    >> your heart with a baked potato. You have about three seconds to live.

    >>> Yeah, that trick NEVER works.
    >>
    >> Nuthin' up muh sleeve.

    Presto!

    > [pulls out Rhino head]

    Gotta get me a new hat.

    --
    Reginald Blue
    "I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my

    Oh, this is perfect. The PCs in my game have just entered a cavern
    populated by Bhargests and goblins. It is also littered with the
    remains of thousands of white rabbits that the Bhargests have been
    living off of. I has designed it with a small portal from which the
    rabbits had been entering, but I love the idea of the hat instead.

    At the bottom of this 9000 ft deep abyss is a small blue hat covered
    with gold stars and silver moons. As you watch, the hat begins to
    gyrate and shiver. Suddenly a white furry rabbits jumps forth.

    Awesome.

    phy wrote:
    > "Mark Blunden" <m.blundenATntlworld.com@address.invalid> wrote in
    >
    >> Give it a 20% discount if you add the requirement to keep a live
    >> rabbit in there.
    >
    > Wouldn't it suffocate after 10 minutes?

    That's why the requirement's worth 20%.

    --