Windows XP SP2-When will Dell install

Has anyone heard anything from Dell concerning their plans to
preinstall Windows XP SP 2 on their new systems? I have a relative
(not very knowledgeable about computers) who is planning on buying a
new Dell soon and I suggested that she wait untiul she can get Service
pack 2 preinstalled.
9 answers Last reply
More about windows when dell install

    Jerome M. Katz <jerrymkatz@NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Has anyone heard anything from Dell concerning their plans to
    >preinstall Windows XP SP 2 on their new systems? I have a relative
    >(not very knowledgeable about computers) who is planning on buying a
    >new Dell soon and I suggested that she wait untiul she can get Service
    >pack 2 preinstalled.

    Do a goggle groups search in this newsgroup for Service Pack 1
    [SP1], and in and amongst all the other posts that come up, you
    should be able go get an idea of what the timing was the last
    time between SP release and when it started appearing
    pre-installed on Dells. I have a vague impression that it was at
    least something like three or so months after SP1 release, but at
    my age memory is often questionable.
    --
    OJ III

    People are saying by November.
    "Ogden Johnson III" <oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Jerome M. Katz <jerrymkatz@NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Has anyone heard anything from Dell concerning their plans to
    >>preinstall Windows XP SP 2 on their new systems? I have a relative
    >>(not very knowledgeable about computers) who is planning on buying a
    >>new Dell soon and I suggested that she wait untiul she can get Service
    >>pack 2 preinstalled.
    >
    > Do a goggle groups search in this newsgroup for Service Pack 1
    > [SP1], and in and amongst all the other posts that come up, you
    > should be able go get an idea of what the timing was the last
    > time between SP release and when it started appearing
    > pre-installed on Dells. I have a vague impression that it was at
    > least something like three or so months after SP1 release, but at
    > my age memory is often questionable.
    > --
    > OJ III
    > [Email to Yahoo address may be burned before reading.
    > Lower and crunch the sig and you'll net me at comcast.]

    On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 16:31:13 -0700, Bob wrote:

    > " People? "

    They.

    --

    -Jeff B.
    yeff at erols dot com

    Oh! you mean " THEM "?

    Jerome M. Katz wrote:

    > Has anyone heard anything from Dell concerning their plans to
    > preinstall Windows XP SP 2 on their new systems? I have a relative
    > (not very knowledgeable about computers) who is planning on buying a
    > new Dell soon and I suggested that she wait untiul she can get Service
    > pack 2 preinstalled.

    Why? It's a piece of cake installation with the download that's
    currently available or, if you order now, the Windows Update version
    will be there.

    Bob

    "Molly" <ctalia4000@comcast.net> wrote:

    >"Ogden Johnson III" <oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote

    >> pre-installed on Dells. I have a vague impression that it was at
    >> least something like three or so months after SP1 release, but at
    >> my age memory is often questionable.

    >People are saying by November.

    August September October November

    Hmmmmmmm. Sounds an awful like three months, give or take
    depending on week in November.

    Does that make me a "people" too?

    One of them? They?

    One of those "sources tell us" that are so beloved of the media?

    Oh! The shame of it all. Forget I ever said anything. Please.
    --
    OJ III

    "Bob" <mrbjr@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Oh! you mean " THEM "?

    <snip>

    But of course. We can't trust 'them' no matter what 'they' say.

    I read October. This probably means November or later as more bugs are
    unearthed :)

    Stew

    Yeff wrote:
    > On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 16:31:13 -0700, Bob wrote:
    >
    >>" People? "
    >
    > They.

    "The Man"

Dell Windows XP Computers