Hello Everyone, I know just enough about computers to get myself in trouble and constantly have wanderlust for the next hardware combination. Looking to get some unbiased input on a grad student and beyond notebook.
1. What is your budget?
Ideally sub 600, but could stretch to 700
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
14-15 with a preference towards the 15.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Desktop replacement, moderately portable (around apartment or going to library)
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Not at present, but the ability to play starcraft1,2, world of warcraft, and eventually Diablo 3 at med-low settings would be nice.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Schoolwork, emailing, office work, netflix/hulu streaming
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
looking at direct from a manufacturer or newegg/amazon
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Would like to avoid Compaqs, purchased one a little over a year ago and its build and general quality was lacking. I’ve had a great experience with ASUS and still would have that laptop had not an apartment fire destroyed it.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Currently eyeballing a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 15, with the phenom processor/4gb ram/ 500gb hd/ ati 4250 for around 560, Looking for feedback if I should go with that before the deal expires or look elsewhere?