Sign in with
Your question

My first BSOD. Help!

Last response: in Windows 7
January 16, 2013 8:08:14 PM

As the title says, I received my first BSOD while playing a game the other night. I used Windows Debug to analyze the mini dump, and it said "Probably caused by: HDAudBus.sys" or something along those lines. Not sure what to do about it, as it only has happened once. Cause by ntkernel, double fault I believe (0x00000008):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardwar...(v=vs.85).aspx

System: Z77 Asrock Extreme4 Motherboard
Corsair HX750 PSU
16GB Corsair Vengeance LP ram
2x GTX 670 SC 4GB
i5 3570k 4.4ghz
W7 64bit

Anyone have any advice on how to fix this? Thanks!

More about : bsod

a b $ Windows 7
January 16, 2013 8:18:08 PM

It was probably down to just the game, and not windows it`s self.
It happens on my system from time to time as well, its ok aslong as it is not happening every time you play the game ect, and if it works ok with other games without the error.
Maybe have a look to see if there are update patches for the game you are playing might sort the problem out. Or try updating the Audio driver for windows 7, see if there is a new version of the driver out provided by Asrock on there support page for driver for the board.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 16, 2013 8:38:58 PM

Update your audio drivers.
m
l
Related resources
January 16, 2013 8:46:50 PM

Soda-88 said:
Update your audio drivers.

Thanks for that! I did a fresh install of W7, the only drivers I have are labeled as "Windows HD Audio Drivers". I can't find a way to update those, should I just download the newest Realtek Drivers? I think that's what I was using before.

I've tested my ram just to be sure, 5 passes with Memtest, is there anyway to run diagnostics on a motherboard to check for faults, if that could be the issue?
m
l
January 18, 2013 12:37:27 PM

Anyone?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 18, 2013 4:50:16 PM

Quote:
Bug Check 0x8: IRQL_NOT_DISPATCH_LEVEL (Windows Debuggers)

Very odd; this BSOD should almost never be generated. Probably a bugged driver, as its unlikely hardware would cause this error ahead of some of the others.
m
l
!