2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
any size, due to size dosnt matter for me. aslong as its not smaller than 11"
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Any screen resolution that matches 11" or bigger
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Well mainly a desktop replacement, but i will be taking it to a friends house occasionally, but mainly just used around the home, on a desk, sitting down watching tv etc.
5. How much battery life do you need?
Atleast 3 hours battery life, due to it dosnt matter for me as ill generally have it hooked up to power most of the time
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Well if playing games where possible on the laptop then by all means yes. games such as DOTA, CSS, L4d, Borderlands, guildwars and a bit of Cod 4. But generally i would like to be able to play a few games on it
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Webbrowsing, Movies/streaming, photoshop and possibly sony vegas pro if possible
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Atleast about 320gb HDD, As i mite concider buying a bigger HDD later on if needed.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Not really im just after any trusted site that ships TO or Within Australia.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
For aslong as possible as even if it gets older it could still be used for Webbrowsing etc. But hopefully about 2 years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Any drive thats either DVD and upper.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Generaly ive been told to steer clear of HP laptops as they r a magnet for issues, Dell im not fussed on. Asus, MSI and Toshiba i would prefure a bit more. but just not HP
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Acer 5741G-434G50MN at msy online
CPU: Intel Core i5 430M
OS: Win 7 Home Premium
RAM: 4GB DDR3
HDD: 500GB SATA
Graphic: Nvidia GT320M
Screen: 15.6” WXGA Lcd
* 3yr Warranty * DVD RW * 6 Cell Battery * 2.5Kg
* WiFi N * Multicard Reader * Web Cam
* 3 x USB2.0 * HDMI
CPU: Intel Core i5 460M
OS: Windows 7 Professional
RAM: 4GB DDR3
HDD: 500GB SATA
Graphic: Nvidia GT 310M
1GB Dedicated VGA
Screen: 15.6” LED Screen
* 1yr Warranty * DVDRW * HDMI
* Wiﬁ 11N * LAN * Card Reader * Webcam
Auburn, SA, ACT Only
$ 1033 free printer with this one at msy.
Both are good laptops with decent power.I think you should go for acer as graphics card is a bit better with 3 year warranty.Not sure about battery life though.
Didnt find any sandybridge processors though as there inbuilt graphics is similar to this.If you can wait for it you should wait for the second generation i processors.