polymorphed into disenchanter

Slashem game but I imagine vanilla behaves the same in these
circumstances.

I'm currently polymorphed into disenchanter due to a cursed ring of
poly (stupid cat seems to be curse-proof) and it occurs to me that if a
disenchanter can't uncurse the rnig, I should at least have the ability
to turn water into unholy water, scrolls into cursed scrolls and so on,
but the #monster command doesn't seem to work for me. Is this possible?
If not, could it be considered a bug?

dogscoff@eudoramail.com wrote:
>Slashem game but I imagine vanilla behaves the same in these
>circumstances.
>
>I'm currently polymorphed into disenchanter due to a cursed ring of
>poly (stupid cat seems to be curse-proof)

Was the ring in the same square as meat when you observed your cat to
step onto it? Carnivorous pets will cheerfully ignore curses to get at
meat in the same square.

>and it occurs to me that if a
>disenchanter can't uncurse the rnig, I should at least have the ability
>to turn water into unholy water, scrolls into cursed scrolls and so on,
>but the #monster command doesn't seem to work for me. Is this possible?
>If not, could it be considered a bug?

In vanilla, at least, disenchanters have no #monster power at all.
Furthermore, vanilla disenchanters never have any effect on the holiness
of an object; they only deplete enchantment.
My roguelike games page (including my BSD-licenced roguelike) can be found at:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~mpread/roguelikes.html