Can't find a mouse I like.

Hey there Tom's!

So... my old Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 finally bit the dust. As far as I'm concerned, that was the best gaming mouse out there.

Microsoft, because they can't tell good from bad, discontinued it.

So I need a replacement. I tried the G9x, and hated it - not only did the mouse make my hands hurt, but the software was a PITA.

I'm currently using a Microsoft Comfort 6000, but it too is a little small for me, and was really made for business, not gaming.

So what's the closest replacement for an Intellimouse? I was looking at the Steelseries Xai, but I've heard it has sensor problems. I was also looking at the Deathadder, but was put off by it's slightly-off shape and rumors of bad build quality.

Any suggestions / personal experience with mice like these? Thanks!

Solution
i've used a ms intellimouse in the past for gaming and it does a fair job. i then upgraded to a logitech mx1000 and currently i own a razer deathadder.

i would not call the razer deathadder build quality bad per se. i've had zero issues and the software is not terrible. the only issue i've had is that the rubberized surface is a dust magnet. you need to clean it every week with inert liquid works best. dampen a cloth with water - this works. do not use any sort of cleaning chemical as it could soften the rubber making it sticky (like my relative did with his rubberized logitech keyboard!).

if you are okay with the rubberized texture and like large mouses the deathadder is a good choice. a little on the expensive side if you consider...
i've used a ms intellimouse in the past for gaming and it does a fair job. i then upgraded to a logitech mx1000 and currently i own a razer deathadder.

i would not call the razer deathadder build quality bad per se. i've had zero issues and the software is not terrible. the only issue i've had is that the rubberized surface is a dust magnet. you need to clean it every week with inert liquid works best. dampen a cloth with water - this works. do not use any sort of cleaning chemical as it could soften the rubber making it sticky (like my relative did with his rubberized logitech keyboard!).

if you are okay with the rubberized texture and like large mouses the deathadder is a good choice. a little on the expensive side if you consider what you are getting but it does work.

Solution