I don't know which to choose. I'm looking for a laptop that will last me at least 4 years through college for a physics major. It must have long battery life (I'm thinking of 9 cell on the t410 plus the 3 cell ultra bay battery). I want it to have decent graphics plus CPU power but i have a core i7/gtx 570/12gb ram computer at home so any hard work will be done at that.
These are the computers
13.3 inch 1280x800
250gb 5400 (boo)
14 inch 1440x900
2.66 ghz core i5
Nvidia NVS 3100m (optimus)
9 cell battery
webcam/fingerprint/intel ultimate 3x3
I will also take suggestions
1. What is your budget?
<1099 (may go to 1199)
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
doesnt matter, i prefer 16x10 though so 1440x900
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
i would like 6-7 hours+
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Note taking and other office related tasks
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I currently use 70gb on my 1 tb hdd lol so not much 250gb+
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
at least 4 years which
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
i don't like apple but i like the 10hour battery
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I am really only considering the MBP because of the sell back value even for old models, i will duel boot linux on the thinkpad and windows on the macbook