YAFAP

Fem-Elf-Cha-Wiz
XP 30, max HP 260, max power 721
Killed 8 times (but still had 4 extra amulets of lifesaving)
Vanquished 4757 monsters and killed Rodney 8 times.
Genocided 34 monsters and used 15 wishes.
Finished in 106 439 moves, with 5 692 108 pts.

An insanely lucky game. I found two wands of wishing fairly early- the
first before Sokoban- and wished for SDSM, helm of brilliance, speed
boots, T-shirt, gauntlets of dexterity, blessed spellbook of identify,
and Magicbane.

Things largely went well after that. Well, except for the Astral Plane
when a burglar stole Magicbane when I had nearly ran out of power.
Well, luckily I was close to the right temple, so I just went in and
ascended inside of getting the dagger back :) And now I'm a
demigoddess.

<sigh> What a break; I don't think this'll happen again anytime soon...

M.O. wrote:
> Fem-Elf-Cha-Wiz
> XP 30, max HP 260, max power 721
> Killed 8 times (but still had 4 extra amulets of lifesaving)
> Vanquished 4757 monsters and killed Rodney 8 times.
> Genocided 34 monsters and used 15 wishes.
> Finished in 106 439 moves, with 5 692 108 pts.
>
> An insanely lucky game. I found two wands of wishing fairly early- the
> first before Sokoban- and wished for SDSM, helm of brilliance, speed
> boots, T-shirt, gauntlets of dexterity, blessed spellbook of identify,
> and Magicbane.
>
> Things largely went well after that. Well, except for the Astral Plane
> when a burglar stole Magicbane when I had nearly ran out of power.
> Well, luckily I was close to the right temple, so I just went in and
> ascended inside of getting the dagger back :) And now I'm a
> demigoddess.
>
> <sigh> What a break; I don't think this'll happen again anytime soon...

It seems to me that most YAFAP are insanely lucky games. I know mine
was. But don't forget that to a less-skilled player, that insanely lucky
game would just have been YASD. The more you play the less luck you'll
need to ascend.

M.O. wrote:

> Fem-Elf-Cha-Wiz
> XP 30, max HP 260, max power 721
> Killed 8 times (but still had 4 extra amulets of lifesaving)
> Vanquished 4757 monsters and killed Rodney 8 times.
> Genocided 34 monsters and used 15 wishes.
> Finished in 106 439 moves, with 5 692 108 pts.
>
> An insanely lucky game. I found two wands of wishing fairly early- the
> first before Sokoban- and wished for SDSM, helm of brilliance, speed
> boots, T-shirt, gauntlets of dexterity, blessed spellbook of identify,
> and Magicbane.
>
> Things largely went well after that. Well, except for the Astral Plane
> when a burglar stole Magicbane when I had nearly ran out of power.
> Well, luckily I was close to the right temple, so I just went in and
> ascended inside of getting the dagger back :) And now I'm a
> demigoddess.
>
> <sigh> What a break; I don't think this'll happen again anytime soon...

What an awesome accomplishment! And a wizard on your first try! All
ascensions have some element of luck, so don't sell yourself short!

Jack