Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 is stuck on "Starting Windows"

Last response: in Windows 7
January 17, 2013 3:04:29 AM

First I will tell you my set-up

Asus P5K SE/EPU Mobo
Core 2 Quad q6600 @2.40gHZ (Not OC'd)
Evga 8800 GT Video card w/ 256 Gddr (probably 3)
2x2Gig sticks of Reaper X series ram
normal DVD Optical Drive
500 Gig HDD 7200 RPM

Okay, so it had Windows XP originally, and still does. But it is 32 Bit instead of 64 and I am using Adobe After Effects to create intros for
Vlogs that I want to start making. This machine could handle it with out a doubt but, It would be amazing if Win 7 would boot instead of sitting at the "Starting Windows" screen. I really don't want to wipe the drive due to it being given to me, it still has my friends stuff on there. But if all else I might be able to talk him into it. What do you think about this and if possible, a way to get around having to wipe the drive.

Thank you
Robert-
January 17, 2013 3:13:46 AM

Did you try this? Shut it down, pull the power cord, let it sit a few minutes, then reconnect and power on. This happened to me before and it fixed it for a while. You can always start the computer in safe mode and then run some diagnostic tests on the computer if that method didnt do anything.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 17, 2013 3:28:11 AM

You can't do an upgrade from 32-bit to 64bit, so i'm not sure what you did.
m
l
January 17, 2013 3:47:04 AM

Well I did make a new partition, But the processor was made for a 64 bit OS, I think what i will do is save all the files like movies, songs.. ect.. and just wipe it clean and put Win 7 on it, then put the saved files back on to the computer thank you for your sugestions though, :)  I'll give it another shot though
Robert-
m
l
!