I have a 3 year old 1.8 Gig CPU Dell 8200 with 256 Meg RDRAM. I want
to increase the RAM to 512 or 1 Gig. The RDRAM is PC-800 Non-ECC 45
ns. The serial is MR16R-0828BN1-CK8. The pc has 2 128 mb modules.
RIMM3 and RIMM4 are unoccupied.

I have asked a lot of people about adding ram and I get all types of
order. Buying electronics off ebay is very risky. Fraud in
electronics is rampant on ebay.

What kind of chips can I purchase?

Where is the cheapest place?

<Puzzled23@chooosen.org> wrote in message
>I have a 3 year old 1.8 Gig CPU Dell 8200 with 256 Meg RDRAM. I want
> to increase the RAM to 512 or 1 Gig. The RDRAM is PC-800 Non-ECC 45
> ns. The serial is MR16R-0828BN1-CK8. The pc has 2 128 mb modules.
> RIMM3 and RIMM4 are unoccupied.
>
> I have asked a lot of people about adding ram and I get all types of
> order. Buying electronics off ebay is very risky. Fraud in
> electronics is rampant on ebay.
>
> What kind of chips can I purchase?
>
> Where is the cheapest place?

There really is no "cheap" where RDRAM is concerned.

Have you looked here: www.4allmemory.com ? I've not used them, but
apparently (according to their own "most popular" list) a lot of Dell owners
have. Most times I've checked (not recently), they were slightly less
expensive than crucial.com on their DDR SDRAM price.

They have a RAM configuration tool on their site, so that will help.

Stew

S.Lewis wrote:

> <Puzzled23@chooosen.org> wrote in message
>
>>I have a 3 year old 1.8 Gig CPU Dell 8200 with 256 Meg RDRAM. I want
>>to increase the RAM to 512 or 1 Gig. The RDRAM is PC-800 Non-ECC 45
>>ns. The serial is MR16R-0828BN1-CK8. The pc has 2 128 mb modules.
>>RIMM3 and RIMM4 are unoccupied.
>>
>>I have asked a lot of people about adding ram and I get all types of
>>order. Buying electronics off ebay is very risky. Fraud in
>>electronics is rampant on ebay.
>>
>>What kind of chips can I purchase?
>>
>>Where is the cheapest place?
>>

> There really is no "cheap" where RDRAM is concerned.
>
> Have you looked here: www.4allmemory.com ? I've not used them, but
> apparently (according to their own "most popular" list) a lot of Dell owners
> have. Most times I've checked (not recently), they were slightly less
> expensive than crucial.com on their DDR SDRAM price.
>
> They have a RAM configuration tool on their site, so that will help.
>

> Stew

I think that you may find that www.4allmemory.com may be one of the few
sources available, although you could try
http://www.memoryx.net/deldim82ser.html as well!!!

www.crucial.com & www.kingston.com don't do this type of memory any more!!

HTH

Regards,
John

"John J. Burness" <JohnJBurnessAT@ieeDOT.orgNOSPAM> wrote in message
> S.Lewis wrote:
>
> www.crucial.com & www.kingston.com don't do this type of memory any more!!
>
> HTH
>
> Regards,
> John

Crucial never did.

Try www.zipzoomfly.com Very reliable.

Tom

<Puzzled23@chooosen.org> wrote in message
> I have a 3 year old 1.8 Gig CPU Dell 8200 with 256 Meg RDRAM. I want
> to increase the RAM to 512 or 1 Gig. The RDRAM is PC-800 Non-ECC 45
> ns. The serial is MR16R-0828BN1-CK8. The pc has 2 128 mb modules.
> RIMM3 and RIMM4 are unoccupied.
>
> I have asked a lot of people about adding ram and I get all types of
> order. Buying electronics off ebay is very risky. Fraud in
> electronics is rampant on ebay.
>
> What kind of chips can I purchase?
>
> Where is the cheapest place?

well YMMV but I bought 4 x 512mb RDRAM off of ebay about a year ago (two
different sellers but both with excellent feedback and a lot of trades under
their belts) for £352 including postage.

Mail order price in the UK at the time was closer to £600.

Molly

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2004

I found a nice program that lets, you whats under the hood.
http://www.lavalys.com/