"The dresser hits"

I was fighting a chameleon, not hallucinating and I get the words "the
dresser hits." What the heck?

Jacobs wrote:
> I was fighting a chameleon, not hallucinating and I get the words "the
> dresser hits." What the heck?

I think doppelgangers (maybe also chameleons?), can change their shape to
human form; dresser is a higher level healer role.

I had such incidents mainly on the elemental planes (and at the sanctum).

Janis

Jacobs wrote:

> I was fighting a chameleon, not hallucinating and I get the words "the
> dresser hits." What the heck?

That's a mid-level healer title. It probably looked like a white @ at the
time.

Raisse, killed by a lizard, while helpless

Raisse the Thaumaturge <raisse@valdyas.org> wrote in

> Jacobs wrote:
>
>> I was fighting a chameleon, not hallucinating and I get the words
>> "the dresser hits." What the heck?
>
> That's a mid-level healer title. It probably looked like a white @ at
> the time.
>
> Raisse, killed by a lizard, while helpless

I see, thanks! I never play healers and was rather puzzled.

begin quoting Janis Papanagnou <Janis_Papanagnou@hotmail.com>:
>Jacobs wrote:
>>I was fighting a chameleon, not hallucinating and I get the words "the
>>dresser hits." What the heck?
>I think doppelgangers (maybe also chameleons?), can change their shape to
>human form; dresser is a higher level healer role.

It does sound rather as if you should be finding random armour items from
inventory have become worn...
--
David Damerell <damerell@chiark.greenend.org.uk> flcl?
Today is Monday, March.

Raisse the Thaumaturge wrote:
> Jacobs wrote:

>> I was fighting a chameleon, not hallucinating and
>> I get the words "the dresser hits." What the
>> heck?

> That's a mid-level healer title. It probably
> looked like a white @ at the time.

Somebody, someday, is going to show up with YAFMC
between that and either a large box or a chest,
and then it will be a "You kick the chest. The lock
breaks. The dresser hits! *FURNITURE FIGHT!!!!*"
kind of a day.

I'm waiting for the posting now.

xanthian.

"Kent Paul Dolan" <xanthian@well.com> wrote in message
> Raisse the Thaumaturge wrote:
>> Jacobs wrote:
>
>>> I was fighting a chameleon, not hallucinating and
>>> I get the words "the dresser hits." What the
>>> heck?
>
>> That's a mid-level healer title. It probably
>> looked like a white @ at the time.
>
> Somebody, someday, is going to show up with YAFMC
> between that and either a large box or a chest,
> and then it will be a "You kick the chest. The lock
> breaks. The dresser hits! *FURNITURE FIGHT!!!!*"
> kind of a day.

"When... we're... human again! Only human again!
When we're knickknacks and whatnots no more....!"

"Justin Hiltscher" <jdhilts@ubsi.com> wrote in message news:<hTjXd.7152$DW.2186@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com>...
> "Kent Paul Dolan" <xanthian@well.com> wrote in message
> > Raisse the Thaumaturge wrote:

> >> That's a mid-level healer title. It probably
> >> looked like a white @ at the time.
> >
> > Somebody, someday, is going to show up with YAFMC
> > between that and either a large box or a chest,
> > and then it will be a "You kick the chest. The lock
> > breaks. The dresser hits! *FURNITURE FIGHT!!!!*"
> > kind of a day.
>
> "When... we're... human again! Only human again!
> When we're knickknacks and whatnots no more....!"

The dresser hits! -More-
A blouse wraps itself around your body! -More-
Your arms are caught! You can't move! -More-
The dresser hits! A pair of dirty socks smacks you in the face! -More-
You pass out from the stench. -More-
The dresser hits! A scarf wraps itself around your neck! -More-
It squeezes you tighter! You are being choked! -More-
You gasp for breath! -More-
You die from suffocation. -More-
The dresser eagerly appropriates all your clothing. -More-
Do you want your possessions identified?

Cause of death: strangled by a dresser while helpless.

Artemis the Ranger