Emachines E625-5776 touchpad stopped working

Hello,
The touchpad of my emachines E625-5776 just stopped working. I have tried several options including restarting the laptop after disconnecting from power and removing the battery, using Fn + F7, F8, F9 and F10 keys and trying to update the device driver. The latter attempt returned with a 'your device driver is working normally' verdict from Windows. Still the problem is not resolved. What else can I do? Please help. RAI
5 answers Last reply
More about emachines e625 5776 touchpad stopped working
  1. Besides the device driver, it may need an application to work. You could try to look it up on their website. If not, you have 2 options: you could use it with a mouse, eliminating the need for a touchpad, or you could try to open it up and see if it could be replaced.
  2. How old is this? More than 2 years then toss it - its the price we pay for technology.
    Usually you get a diagnostic tool that tests for input on those screens. I would try to locate and run that otherwise you are in for a replacement..
  3. Quote:
    Hello,
    The touchpad of my emachines E625-5776 just stopped working. I have tried several options including restarting the laptop after disconnecting from power and removing the battery, using Fn + F7, F8, F9 and F10 keys and trying to update the device driver. The latter attempt returned with a 'your device driver is working normally' verdict from Windows. Still the problem is not resolved. What else can I do? Please help. RAI

I had the same pb, did the same things as you with the same result... Then i noticed that the touchpad disable button, close to the power supply and wifi ones, was pressed (the little light was on) !! Easy ! Did you checked that ?
  4. gehesse said:
    I had the same pb, did the same things as you with the same result... Then i noticed that the touchpad disable button, close to the power supply and wifi ones, was pressed (the little light was on) !! Easy ! Did you checked that ?

I had the same problem, tried your fix and it worked! I would never have known about that little button near the power button. Thank you very much.
  5. gehesse said:

I feel like a complete idiot. I have had this laptop for 3 or 4 years and when the touch pad stopped working a couple monthes ago I figured it was just worm out and I was SOL. Thank you for pointing out the disable button to the left of the power button. Problem solved, I am so happy and thankful I found this site.
Ask a new question

Read More

Acer Touchpad Device Driver eMachines Laptops