Function keys not working on Win7

Straight to the point: three function keys (PrtScr, AltGR and Scroll Lock afaik) stopped working out of nowhere and I have no clue as to why did it happen nor to how to fix it. The F keys, Ctrl, Alt, Shift, Caps, Tab, Windows, Home, End, Insert, Delete, PgUp, PgDn and all the multimedia keys were tested and work fine.

Reinstalling drivers didn't work, and I don't have access to another computer to test the keyboard there.

The keyboard is an Extream Super Slim (brazilian brand) and official support is rather s***ty. I run Windows 7 x64.

Any light on the matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about function keys working win7
  1. It is likely a bad keyboard that needs to be replaced.
  2. Well, two months later the problem was solved out of luck. I uninstalled the driver for good and the keys are working again. I wonder WTF is wrong with this driver.
  3. Any driver can get corrupted when installing or even when installing something else. Hardware and sofware conflicts are common and you can easily mess up another driver when installing a new driver. Can't say why it happens but it does.
    Software and hardware will cause problems with other things and it's a good thing to be aware of what you just changed on your computer because chances are if you out of the blue start having a problem with something try to think of what you just changed or installed.
Ask a new question

Read More

Function Keys Keyboards Peripherals