Sign in with
Your question

Function keys not working on Win7

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 7, 2012 11:29:45 PM

Straight to the point: three function keys (PrtScr, AltGR and Scroll Lock afaik) stopped working out of nowhere and I have no clue as to why did it happen nor to how to fix it. The F keys, Ctrl, Alt, Shift, Caps, Tab, Windows, Home, End, Insert, Delete, PgUp, PgDn and all the multimedia keys were tested and work fine.

Reinstalling drivers didn't work, and I don't have access to another computer to test the keyboard there.

The keyboard is an Extream Super Slim (brazilian brand) and official support is rather s***ty. I run Windows 7 x64.

Any light on the matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks!
November 8, 2012 9:23:51 PM

It is likely a bad keyboard that needs to be replaced.
m
l
January 5, 2013 11:50:35 PM

Well, two months later the problem was solved out of luck. I uninstalled the driver for good and the keys are working again. I wonder WTF is wrong with this driver.
m
l
January 6, 2013 12:54:35 AM

Any driver can get corrupted when installing or even when installing something else. Hardware and sofware conflicts are common and you can easily mess up another driver when installing a new driver. Can't say why it happens but it does.
Software and hardware will cause problems with other things and it's a good thing to be aware of what you just changed on your computer because chances are if you out of the blue start having a problem with something try to think of what you just changed or installed.
m
l
!