MN-510 stopped working

I've had a microsoft wireless system in my house for
about a year with no problems (well, relatively none
lately). All of a sudden my remote computer is not
connected to the internet. It sees my main computer and
network were the base station is, but won't connect. I
tried to use the setup and utility disk to reinstall the
software/hardware but I get a message that this is the
wrong version for my operating system. A light went on -
I just installed SP 2 for Windows XP on my main computer.
Is this the problem? What do I do?
3 answers Last reply
More about stopped working

    Hi. Same problem here this past week. After I installed
    SP2 on my remote computer, its connection to the network
    stopped. I called Microsoft and the guy said I should
    turn off the firewall, then "just" type in the WEP key to
    have connection again. Didn't work. The only way I can
    stay connected with the remote is to uninstall SP2.
    Microsoft claims that only the base station has
    compatibility issues with SP2 but they are wrong. Until
    they update the adapter settings or driver, we will keep
    SP2 off the second computer. If your base station is
    having problems, there is a newer version in this
    broadband website to download its settings and utility.
    Save it to a CD so you can also run it on the remote pc.
    Good luck and keep SP2 off your remote pc for the time
    being.
    Jake

    Yep, its SP2. A message even pops up saying that there is
    a known issue with MS Wirless Broadband and SP2. It asks
    if I want to continue or not, so I continue and the
    indicator at the bottom right sais "no or limited
    connection". That message also sais to contact MS
    Broadband to fix the issue, but there is nothing on the
    site that I can find to fix it. Only solution I know of
    is to scrap SP2.

    The better decision would be to scrap the BNU.

    It is not needed for Windows XP machines. There is NOTHING you can't do
    without it. The built in wireless tools or the router's base station
    management tool (by default at http://192.168.2.1) are much better (if you
    are using an MS router).

    If you insist on using the MS BNU, the updated fix for the MS BNU can be
    found at
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/10_DLoadMain.mspx

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -

    "Keith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Yep, its SP2. A message even pops up saying that there is
    > a known issue with MS Wirless Broadband and SP2. It asks
    > if I want to continue or not, so I continue and the
    > indicator at the bottom right sais "no or limited
    > connection". That message also sais to contact MS
    > Broadband to fix the issue, but there is nothing on the
    > site that I can find to fix it. Only solution I know of
    > is to scrap SP2.

Routers Hardware Computers Microsoft Networking