2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
No smaller then 14"
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Any screen resolution that matches 11" or bigger
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Well mainly a desktop replacement.
5. How much battery life do you need?
At least 3 hours battery life if possible
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Star craft 2, Black ops, Guild wars 2 on medium
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
At least about 320gb HDD
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
For as long as possible as even if it gets older it could still be used for Webbrowsing etc. But hopefully about 2 years. My last laptop was a hp pavillion 6000 and I have had it for 4 years. I got lucky with it.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Any drive thats either DVD and upper.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Not a huge dell fan. I have heard bad things. Same with HP. Not picky though
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
HDMI output would be good to hook up to my 40 inch for watching shows.
When do you need the laptop?
Some new models with the next gen intel Sandy Bridge CPUs will be back on sale in a couple weeks.
If nothing more, it might pressure the current gen prices lower to get something nicer moved into your budget range.
If you can't or don't want to wait;
To get the playable medium graphics you want you shoujld be looking at a mobile graphics card in the HD 5650 / GT 420 or better range.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
The best I could find in your price range doesn't quite meet your goal or medium graphics: MSI FX400-062 Notebook $792
Intel Core i5 480M(2.66GHz) 14"1366x768 LCD w/ GeForce GT 325M 4GB Memory 500GB HDD
It's not at the price point you wanted and it requires playing the rebate game.
But it will 'game' at the spec you requested. Asus N53JF-A1 $900
Core i5-460M, 4GB, 500GB, 15.6in 1920x1080 HD LCD, GeForce GT 425M
Toshiba Satellite A665-S5179 15.6" i5 Notebook for 700 bucks. http://www.dealstudio.com/searchde [...] u=28904104
Intel Core i5 480M 2.66GHz, 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, Blu-ray player
Intel GMA HD graphics, 15.6" LCD display, 6-Cell, Windows 7 HP x64
Not bad specs, right? Hope u find the best bet.
Uh ... no, while the GMA sort of holds its own on older games, it's not gonna make the OP a happy gamer. He needs a mid-range dedicated video card at least. Please don't recommend laptops to people if you don't really know what you are talking about - what if they actually buy it ?! CPU is good though.