Wow- look at those stats!

Just started yet another doppelganger wizard in slashem (curretn record
file has a few thousand of 'em at least). Starting stats were st:15
dx:12 Co:9 In: 19 Wi:14 CH:7
And what did I have in my starting inventory? Yup, a blessed potion of
gain ability. Also Magic Missile & Light (two of my favourite spells),
a wand of speed monster and a blessed ?oID.
Not too shabby eh? Gonna play this one carefully, but we all know how
the RNG likes balance.

Falling rock trap on Dlvl3 do you reckon, or maybe a gnome with a wand
of death waiting by the mine stairs?

Well, so far so good: Spinach and other things have brought strength
right up to 18/02, which I think is pretty damn good for a XPlvl9
wizard.

Explored down to Dlvl9, where I have a co-aligned altar in the same
room as the sokoban stairs- that will be very nice when (if) I complete
the quest and get the eye. Got me a magic marker from the mines and a
C?oBlank so I think I'll do some nurse dancing next, then move my stash
down to the altar (only other altar so far is Dlvl3) and then I'll
clear out minetown and spend some of the 6000 gold I 'found' in a
leprechaun hall. Got plenty of food, having completed the first two
levels of soko (without any cheating required- yay!), max magic power
is 161, AC is 1 (got me some +3 gloves from a guard in Dtown thanks to
a ring of conflict and a watch captain). Got magicbane (expert) and
deluder from sacrifice. Identified loads of random things, thanks to a
general store and 3 blessed ?oId. Got poison resistance from a unicorn
corpse (thanks again to conflict, although this time it was a shopkeep
that helped me out.)

Nothing else much of nte, except that I've BUCed every item of armour
in the gae so far, and sold all the Cursed or +0 stuff, saving only the
enchanted gear for polypiling later. No bones yet.

Wish me luck...

dogscoff@eudoramail.com wrote:

> Falling rock trap on Dlvl3 do you reckon, or maybe a gnome with a wand
> of death waiting by the mine stairs?

A kobold with a wand of death in a room on dlvl2.

Happened to one of my rogues already... Opened the door, got a blast
straight away. Nice... for the kobold.

-Heikki