Is a ABIT KT7A-RAID Mboard compatable W/ Tbird 1333?

G

it says it supports 1.2 and any Future 200 to 266 FSB Processors... I just wanna be sure before I order the chip... thanks! = ) .... oh and is this Motherboard overclockable at all?

G

abit built a fantastic reputation for overclocking when they released the bh6 (i still have one). so yes it (kt7a) is the ducks guts for overclocking, but only for the experienced (so many options)

as for will it run 1333? i cant say yes for sure as i dont have one, but i would bet my left gonad that it would be a dream combo

currently i run my AXHA T1000(100x10) at 1133(133x8.5)
on a k7ta (not raid)

interestingly enough, AMD site no longer recommends kt7a, one reason i have pondered is the lack lusture performance 'out of the box', to be honest , i was afraid i'd made a mistake (amd,via,abit), but now after much tinkering (and learning!) this thing blows chunks (good)

ps try and get the AXIA or AVIA steppings that every one rants about.

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
here the answer: if the Abit KT7A is a KT133a chipset, it does support the 1333 mhz processor. if it is KT133 it wont support it at full speed.

and are you sure all 1333's are AXIA?

<A HREF="http://www.512productions.com/lobstermagnet/" target="_new">Hyakugojyuuichi!!</A>

mjdunn

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2001
I believe amd wanted abit to stop making it so easy to overclock....I BELIEVE...don't take my words as the truth...just what I remember reading.

The abit kt7a will support well beyond 1.33 many people are running 1.46 with retail hsf.

I will be trying this shortly.

96.3 % of Statistics are made up.