Please ban Windows Team_Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fadekyn

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
All his does is repost advertisements or low end pieces of junk that don't apply to peoples questions.

His lastest answer applies to a $1200 budget and he's posting $700 solutions. Plus the OP wants a 7200rpm drive and all three of his suggestions are 5400rpm. On top of all that the OP says he plans to game and WTK doesn't even list the type of GPU in his suggestions. Even when his randomly tossed dart gets remotely close to the target the prices are way above what the listed specs should actually cost. He's not helping anyone.

He has to be some type of advertiser or bot. It's starting to get ridiculous when I read his replies. I'll probably get temp banned myself for targeting a single person, but it will be worth it to remove his flotsam from the boards.

Here's his latest reply: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/66085-35-need-finding-gaming-laptop

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
Have not seen a single answer that was even relevant to the question from the poster- Agree that he either has to get with the program or go away.

WindowsTeam_Kevin

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011
Hi there. This is Kevin. I'd like to say that the posts I reply to have been helpful, and engaging to the user.

I take into account all the specs users are looking for and give responses and recommendations as to what I believe would be make a good suggestion. People have different opinions and perspectives. Surely, I am entitled to my humble opinion in this community.

There is not a brand or laptop that I continually recommend unless it falls under the requirements of what a user is looking for. I am not advertising, or spamming, as you can see, almost all of my posts DO NOT include a link (unless I am directly asked for one), rather I give specific models with specific features. Nor am I encouraging any user to purchase anything. They are simply suggestions.

I take offense in the accusation that I "don't help" anyone, because that is my sole purpose.

Please don't undermine the openness, and genuineness of this community by questioning the intentions of others. I will continue to read through posts, answer questions, and pose my own best suggestions and recommendations for others who are asking for such help. If you do not agree, or believe there in a better recommendation, I'd encourage you to add to the discussion, and suggest your own. We're all here for everyone...

Thanks.

Kevin
Windows Outreach Team

Espada

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
i actually think its better for WindowsTeam_Kevin to post those laptops, to show that the op there are other laptops at a higher price with different specs, and can show the pro and cons of different spec laptops. I rather have different people show me different machines from sager, dell , acer , asus and hp at the prices you can normally find and choose one for myself which I find fit. (of course would do research about all of them to get the best bang for your buck)

Fadekyn

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
Not trolling. Go look at his replies. He fails in every instance to stay on topic. As stated he rarely, if ever, actually addresses the person's requirements.

Just because you can throw out examples of different brands of laptops, as a variety response, does not excuse you from having to make the effort to actually have that laptop fulfill the specs if you are going to respond to a poster. It harms more than helps.

How do you help anyone? It's blatantly apparent you don't even read peoples posts!

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/65975-35-help-gaming-laptop-%C2
Poster says budget is 850 Euro ($1100ish). You suggest a mid $1400 computer! Not to mention that first paragraph is nothing but a cut and pasted ad line. I mean, if you're going to make the kid spend almost $1500 and he asks for a gaming rig, why wouldn't you suggest the ASUS gaming rigs? You've had to have seen them, the G53's and G73's.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/66085-35-need-finding-gaming-laptop
Guy says he won't accept anything under 7200RPM. You suggest all 5400RPM? Really? Don't even get me started on how not one of those three you suggest isn't a gaming laptop.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/65976-35-buying-gaming-laptop-need-advice
This one is priceless. The guy even posts TWO CHOICES HE'S DECIDED ON FOR GAMING and you post that piece of trash iBuypower with an ATI4000. Not only that, the whole post smacks of cut and past. Really? "Battalion Touch CZ-10 responds with precision to a variety of fingertip gestures." You came up with that? Sure sounds like advertising cut and paste to me. This post is when I knew you were an advertising plant as I had seen that exact recommendation at least twice.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/65938-35-best-gaming-laptop-1200
Ah here's the other iBuypower post that didn't apply at all to what the OP was looking for. The guy is going for a Geforce 310m and you suggest an ATI Radeon HD 4000? Really? Explain to me how that allows for comparable gaming. And again, your second suggestion is almost $300 more than what he's already looking at and asking opinions on.

I could go on and on and on and on but I think I've made my point. Opinions are one thing, HOWEVER, opinions are only useful if they are informed and are within the ballpark of the topic at hand.

Learn to stay on topic, read what the poster is looking for, learn what a gaming laptop is, research the different tiers of GPUs, go to different online vendors and get an idea of what the prices truly are and most importantly STAY ON TOPIC!

Your account is nothing more than an account established as a glorified link detour to MS's Windows PC Scout. If you're going to represent Microsoft then at least learn something about the notebook market. Especially the gaming notebook market, because your recommendations are hurting the people coming here for help.

I don't think WindowsTeam_Kevin should get banned for another week or two. But his iBuyPower posts are pretty suspicious. Kevin's gotta stop looking like he's putting up ads and links to heavily overpriced junk.

I agree that if Kevin wants to continue posting like he knows something, he should go spend 10 hours reading up on CPUs & GPUs and check some prices. Because all these posts are him misleading people.

It's not like someone suggesting a purchase of a Seagate Barracuda instead of a Samsung Spinpoint F3. Or telling someone to buy a $150 case for a $500 build. He's telling people not to buy an i5 for $180 because this $300 dual core Core 2 Duo is better--he's pretty much lying to people. Which isn't cool when people come here to get help.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Heh... sorry about that previous response of mine... I was tired when I put that up and was really kinda mad. I'll get rid of that for now, until I see something change.

All I can say is this:
Is he worthless? No. Is he extremely out of touch with what's going on? Indeed...

This is a hardware enthusiast site. I can only suggest that whoever owns that account does a good three weeks of research on GPUs, CPUs, what constitutes a gaming laptop/PC, and pretty much everything else hardware related. People here are going to want exact specs and a good estimate on how it will perform. You're going to need more information than "2.4GHZ AMD" as the processor - I could list a whole page of the different 2.4Ghz processors that AMD makes, from entry level outdated processors to server class workhorses. You didn't even list the GPU in some of these setups requested for gaming - that's the most important part!

Either way, cut and paste responses won't work around here. Period. A laptop with a resolution of 1366x768 is NOT a gaming laptop. Core 2 Duo processors are done now. There's a whole list of things that show what I can only see as inexperience. The only thing I can suggest is to do a lot of reading if you want to be a truly helpful member and not mislead people to outdated, disappointing setups that are dismal values.

Good day to everyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.