Cyborg V7 keyboard problem

LLoydizle

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
I purchased the Cyborg V7 keyboard about a week and a half ago and it was working perfectly until 3 days ago.

I have a PC that I built and I decided to open it up to see if theres any dust in so of-course I unplug everything. When i plugged everything back in and started up my Windows and for some reason the drivers for the keyboard updated again.

Now i have this issue with the keyboard... For some reason it randomly mutes the sound on my PC (started when i was using windows media player) and theres some cases where I cannot press any of the buttons on the top (the change lights, gaming mode, volume control, brightness on keyboard, etc). The problem goes away but comes back again after 30-40 seconds and I have no way to solve this issue. Google searches come up with nothing and sent an email requesting help from Saitek and got no reply back.

I tried un-installing the drivers but for some reason they just appear again when I restart my PC and I cant find the program to remove either from program and features.

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit

Can anybody help?

Thank you.

skaz

Distinguished
Honestly, if able, I would return it. I tried a cyborg keyboard a few years ago and was amazed at the low build quality. It's possible that it's just a driver issue, but it could be some sort of internal issue that didn't creep up until now. I'm sure their external build quality is representative of the type of internal quality as well. Specifically, solder joints. If they did a crapy soldering job, which is common with companies trying to save a few pennies, it could create random malfunctions like this.

I had a scythe fan controller that had cold joints around fan 4, eventually fan 4 connector stopped operating. Under warranty I received another controller from them, and before going through with installation I took another look at the solder joints. Of course, there were cold joints. Ended up taking the fix into my own hands and re-soldered the few cold joints.

LLoydizle

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Hey there

Thanks for the reply! :)

I rang up the retailer today return the item. They gonna have a delivery service pick it up and run tests and if its faulty then I'm gonna get a refund from it. If i do get a refund then i'm just gonna put some extra cash in and probably buy another keyboard (not sure what keyboard but gonna make a thread lol).

Thanks for the reply and feedback :)

G

hey bro i am facing the same problem with my cyborg v7 keyboard that you mentioned. exactly same issue. and even with me it happened after the driver update. so could you please help me with what resolution u got. that would be really helpful for me

LLoydizle

Distinguished
May 18, 2011

Hey Dude

I had to send it back to the vendor to which I purchased it from. It was a hardware issue and not a software. Seems the keys on the keyboard are a bit sensitive. I thought it could be a driver issue myself but turns out I was wrong. If you still have warranty, send it of for repairs.

Hope this helps :)

Saurabh Khanduri

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013
so i bought it through amazon.com and they are ready to give me the refund for it. but do u think i should again go for the same keyboard ?? is it worth it ?
because honestly speaking i love this keyboard.

LLoydizle

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
In my personal opinion and based on the experience I had with it, i would say no. Dont get me wrong, its a good keyboard (looks good to), but after having problems a week and a half after getting it, i got kinda skepticle to whether i want a replace so i added another £20 to my refund and baught the logitech G510 and I have being and still am loving it!

You can give it another try, but I would say only do it if you are still under a warranty for a few more months. If not, you can spend a little more like I did.

Hope this helps :)

Serberrus

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
I am now sadly having this same issue, luckily amazon is great about returns, seeing the MadCatz on the keyboard should have been an instant warning but oh well. I just saved my money and bought a corsair k90. I prefer mechanical anyways.

LLoydizle

Distinguished
May 18, 2011

Good keyboard! A friend of mine has that! Great for games and if you do a lot of programming!