I noticed earlier today that the link to the article "Unskilled and
Unaware Of It," a scholarly journal article in psychology which is
mentioned a lot in this group, no longer works. I'm going to try to see
if I can dig it up on my university library Web site; I'm not going to
post the thing here in its entirety or anything like that but that way I
can at least get a PDF I can mail to people.

Meanwhile, the following page has an excerpt consisting of the abstract,
the Miller quote, and the first three paragraphs, which is at least
enough to give people the general idea. This is also the part you need
to read to know what the heck "wearing the juice" means.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/770788/posts

Out from under a rock popped Jeff Heikkinen and said

> I noticed earlier today that the link to the article "Unskilled and
> Unaware Of It," a scholarly journal article in psychology which is
> mentioned a lot in this group, no longer works. I'm going to try to see
> if I can dig it up on my university library Web site; I'm not going to
> post the thing here in its entirety or anything like that but that way I
> can at least get a PDF I can mail to people.

http://web.archive.org/web/20031008154759/http://www.apa.org/journals/psp/p
sp7761121.html

--
Rob Singers
"All your Ron are belong to us"

In article <MPG.1c8da8c462075f5898a0b3@news.easynews.com>,
Jeff Heikkinen <no.way@jose.org> wrote:
>... link to the article "Unskilled and
>Unaware Of It," ...
>[snip]
>http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/770788/posts

This seems to confirm the scuttlebut in my PhD program, where performance on
the PhD qualifying exams seemed to be roughly *inversely* proportional to how
well people *thought* they had done. At the time my theory was that people
who knew the material best also knew how much more there was to learn, and
perceived their grasp of the material as worse than it was, while the people
who knew it less well tended not to know that they were having trouble
mastering the more complex issues.

Time to step up the meds; I could have sworn Robert Singers just said...
> Out from under a rock popped Jeff Heikkinen and said
>
> > I noticed earlier today that the link to the article "Unskilled and
> > Unaware Of It," a scholarly journal article in psychology which is
> > mentioned a lot in this group, no longer works. I'm going to try to see
> > if I can dig it up on my university library Web site; I'm not going to
> > post the thing here in its entirety or anything like that but that way I
> > can at least get a PDF I can mail to people.
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/20031008154759/http://www.apa.org/journals/psp/p
> sp7761121.html

I just tried that (and yes, I pasted in the part that spilled onto a
second line) and got the following:

Path Index Error.

Sorry, we can't find the archived version of this page. The URL has been
archived but not indexed. Try another request or click here to search
for all pages on apa.org/journals/psp/psp7761121.html
See the FAQs for more info and help, or contact us.

Between saving the world and having a spot of tea Jeff Heikkinen said

>> http://web.archive.org/web/20031008154759/http://www.apa.org/journals/
>> psp/p sp7761121.html
>
> I just tried that (and yes, I pasted in the part that spilled onto a
> second line) and got the following:
>
> Path Index Error.
>
> Sorry, we can't find the archived version of this page. The URL has
> been archived but not indexed. Try another request or click here to
> search for all pages on apa.org/journals/psp/psp7761121.html
> See the FAQs for more info and help, or contact us.

Still works fine for me. Did you leave a space when you edited the URL?

try this http://tinyurl.com/3mcpl

--
Rob Singers
"All your Ron are belong to us"