YAAP Bar Orc Mal Cha Gorg

Yes!!!!!

After several almost acensions, I finally get back to the Astral Plane.
This time I'm able to work my way through the Hordes, find the correct
altar, and offer the Amulet of Yendor to my god.

>From the record file:

3.4.3 4645464 7 -5 49 104 287 2 20050312 20050304 1 Bar Orc Mal Cha
Gorg,ascended

Key notes from this game:

1) I got lucky on the Astral Plane. My altar was the first one I went
to.

2) I used a ring of conflict when I got to the Astral Plane. I didn't
want to do this. I wanted to ascend without using it; but after
several recent deaths on the Astral Plane, I just wanted to ascend. I
wasn't going to hold back when the you-know-what hit the fan. (By
recent, I mean a couple of times over the last 6 months to a year.)

3) I genocided 11 species--all L's, all ;'s (when I got the the Plane
of Water), and mmf's.

4) I used 14 wishes--SDSM was the main wish, the rest were for magic
markers, scrolls of charging, a ring of slow digestion, water walking
boots (for dipping stuff into moats).

5) Two weird things happened during this game. Weird thing 1--At one
point in the game I had +4 speed boots and the Sunsword. Then I
noticed they were gone. I don't know how they were lost. I figured it
must have been a nymph, but I never found one with those items in
possession. And I never found the boots and Sunsword. I got new boots
and I wasn't using the Sunsword. But I'm curious as to what happened
to them.

6) Weird thing number 2--I had two bags of holding that vanished. I
was standing on box trying to unburden myself. I was putting stuff in
the box, I dropped (at least)one of the boh's. I was playing a little
too fast (i.e. careless). I may have put one inside the other, but I
don't remember seeing the explosion message. I never found the bags.
Their contents weren't critical to ascending fortunately, but as with
the items above I'm curious as to what happened.

7) Tricky situation--I had an interesting situation that happened in
the later stages of this game. I was wielding Cleaver when it became
cursed. Well there are three ways to solve this--dipping into holy
water, reading a scroll of remove curse, or praying on an altar (which
unlike the other two, isn't 100% likely to work). Well I was in
Gehemonomenemomenen, so praying was out. My holy water and ? of remove
curse were in my boh's. Oops, I can't (a) the boh's as Cleaver is
wielded to both hands (two-handed weapon). Well I'll just go back up
to my supply dump/altar on DLvl 16. Oops, at the castle I realize I
can't go any further. I don't have water walking boots. I can't put
on my ring of levitation while Cleaver is stuck to my hands. And what
are the odds of escaping EACH trap door? Looking again at my main
inventory, I notice I have an amulet of magical breating, a scroll, and
a magic marker. YES!! I drop everything (but the scroll), put on the
amulet, and go swimming. Now with a blank scroll, i write a scroll of
remove curse and free my hands. Whew!!

I love this game. Several weeks ago, after a couple of brutal deaths,
I was about to take a break from NetHack. But I'm addicted. Now I get
the glorious taste of VICTORY!!

Bill Doss

wahoodoss wrote:
>And what are the odds of escaping EACH trap door?

The chance is 0,032%, so you would have to try an average of 3125 tries
to make it to the other side. Not very easy, but possible!

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005, wahoodoss wrote:

> 7) Tricky situation--I had an interesting situation that happened in
> the later stages of this game. I was wielding Cleaver when it became
> cursed. Well there are three ways to solve this--dipping into holy
> water, reading a scroll of remove curse, or praying on an altar (which
> unlike the other two, isn't 100% likely to work). Well I was in
> Gehemonomenemomenen, so praying was out. My holy water and ? of remove
> curse were in my boh's. Oops, I can't (a) the boh's as Cleaver is
> wielded to both hands (two-handed weapon). Well I'll just go back up
> to my supply dump/altar on DLvl 16. Oops, at the castle I realize I
> can't go any further. I don't have water walking boots. I can't put
> on my ring of levitation while Cleaver is stuck to my hands. And what
> are the odds of escaping EACH trap door? Looking again at my main
> inventory, I notice I have an amulet of magical breating, a scroll, and
> a magic marker. YES!! I drop everything (but the scroll), put on the
> amulet, and go swimming. Now with a blank scroll, i write a scroll of
> remove curse and free my hands. Whew!!

Funny that having both hands wielded to Cleaver in such a way that you
cannot even open your bag still allows you to write scrolls...

Maybe that can be done by putting the scroll on the ground and holding the
marker in the mouth to write :-D

Hypocoristiquement,
Jym.

TRENDING THREADS