Paging Raisse.

So there I was, starting to explore the first mines level,
and I found something: a trapdoor, which dropped me two levels.

So there I was, starting to explore the third mines level,
and I found something: a trapdoor, which dropped me a level.

So there I was, in the middle of a general store. I got a
few price IDs. There was nothing worth buying. I stepped up to
the door and...

...locked? How could it be locked? Minetown shops are
never closed for inventory! What is this?

I brooded over my options. I suspected that the 50 Z$
potion probably wasn't a cursed gain level, and that the 300 Z$
scroll probably wasn't teleport. I didn't have enough GP to buy
off the shopkeeper after kicking the door down.

I attacked the shopkeeper, and barely survived.

So there I was, unlocking the door of the general store, and
I saw something: a troll just a couple of squares away. Since I was
already almost dead, this was Not Good.

And it came back to me: I just installed most of the New Toys
levels, including that Lego town designed by your Thaumaturgelings.
Almost everyone in town was cowering behind locked doors. The
hidden corridor has a pickax, but if you land in the shop or the
temple, you've got problems. (The temple is worse: there are four
guardsmen there.)

So please tell Rebecca, Naomi, and Menna that my problems
were all *their* fault, that I'm going to get my revenge somehow, and
that, 5,000 miles away, someone is glowering almost due east.

I have a DOS 3.4.3 beta with most of the New Toys levels. I
recommend waiting for the tested version: the procedure for fixing
a level glitch for a game in progress is tedious. And I've already
found one glitch.

--
Rob "...if it weren't for those darned kids" Ellwood
1 answer Last reply

    Rob Ellwood wrote:

    [story of woe in Lego Town]

    > So please tell Rebecca, Naomi, and Menna that my problems
    > were all *their* fault, that I'm going to get my revenge somehow, and
    > that, 5,000 miles away, someone is glowering almost due east.

    West, no? Or do I have my geography back to front? Aren't you in Canada?

    I'll tell them when they come back; they're in church at the moment (I'm
    not because I've just had the kind of flu that leaves one impossibly weak
    and with embarrassing fits of coughing).

    Raisse, killed by a goblin

Games Video Games