Seeking a good monitor

macgreen

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
As the title says, I'm trying to find a good monitor for somewhat cheap. I've had my eyes on the ASUS VG Series VG23AH, but I've found my budget for a new monitor go a bit higher that it had been. Still, if that's probably the best monitor for the price, then I'll be likely to stick with it. I'm willing to change to a different monitor if it compares favorably. It doesn't necessarily have to be IPS, but something with very good colors (viewing angles won't be an issue) would be just fine.

Time of Purchase: November 15th
Budget: $300-350 (After S&H)
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
HDMI ports: 2, please.
Built-in Speakers: Yes please.

I do realize that the fact that I'm looking for 2 HDMI ports and built-in speakers likely limits my choices a bit. I'm planning to have both a PC and one gaming console hooked into it (a PS3). I'm not looking to use a monitor for anything more than 2D, so don't worry about anything needing to be 3D capable. Any help would be great, thank you. And if it might help, a TV screen that'd be good for both PC and consoles would be fine instead (though I'm not sure if there'd be a huge difference between a monitor and a TV in terms of refresh rates and response times in general).