[s] Tile problem

Hi,

Just downloaded Slash'em, but when I run it, the
tiles are so dark I cannot really see anthing. I
had the same problem with NH, but since the tileset
is in bmp, I just edited it to lighten it. How can I do this with Slash'em
? The tileset is a file...

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 15:52:41 GMT, also sprach "K.V.C"
<kvc627@earthlink.net>:

>Hi,
>
> Just downloaded Slash'em, but when I run it, the
>tiles are so dark I cannot really see anthing. I
>had the same problem with NH, but since the tileset
>is in bmp, I just edited it to lighten it. How can I do this with Slash'em
>? The tileset is a file...

In your defaults.nh there should be a section for selecting tilesets,
thus-ish:

TILESET=name:Big tiles,file:gltile32.png,transparent
OPTIONS=tiles:Big tiles

There are plenty of tilesets you can find and download. Just gamma
correct those files as needed.

--
Keiran

My question is how do I edit the tile set. It isn't in any
format that I know. Acdsee, Photoshop, Paintdotnet
do not recognize it. If I convert it into a recognizable
format, I cannot then revert it back to a file.
My default file looks like this:

TILESET=name:Big tiles,file:x11bigtiles,transparent
x11bigtiles is just a file...I'm stumped. If I change
it to TILESET=name:Big tiles,file:x11bigtiles.bmp,or jpg or png or any of
the other 10 or so
picture files the program will not recognize it.,transparent

<BTW where can I find other tile sets ? I keep finding NH not slash'em
tilesets.>