replace hard drive on Inspiron 2500?

Paul

Splendid

My hard drive is making crunching noises. Is this an easy swap in/out?
Does it use a regular 2.5 inch notebook drive? Is there any problems
with removing the old drive from the caddy and putting a new drive in?

Paul

paul wrote:
> My hard drive is making crunching noises. Is this an easy swap in/out?
> Does it use a regular 2.5 inch notebook drive? Is there any problems
> with removing the old drive from the caddy and putting a new drive in?
>
> Paul

It's a regular 2.5 inch drive; no problems getting a replacement into the
caddy.

If you need to copy the data first, I suggest a 3.5 - 2.5 converter in a
desktop machine would be useful.

regards,

Pete.

sparky

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

Peter Connolly wrote:

> paul wrote:
>
>>My hard drive is making crunching noises. Is this an easy swap in/out?
>>Does it use a regular 2.5 inch notebook drive? Is there any problems
>>with removing the old drive from the caddy and putting a new drive in?
>>
>>Paul
>

> It's a regular 2.5 inch drive; no problems getting a replacement into the
> caddy.
>
> If you need to copy the data first, I suggest a 3.5 - 2.5 converter in a
> desktop machine would be useful.

Or en external HDD (assuming USB2 or Firewire).