Sign in with
Your question

What is the normal temperature for a TBird 1.2

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
May 4, 2001 10:27:11 AM

Hello, maybe a stupid question but I just bought a TBird 1.2 and I find it a little hot (46 celsius at full load). Is that a normal temperature or is it too much ? Thanks a lot in advance for your answer :)  J-L
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
May 4, 2001 10:31:48 AM

if that is an acurate temp reading you have nothing to worry about..

M

if at first you don't succeed , destroy all evidence that you ever tried...
May 4, 2001 12:23:47 PM

yeah that sounds about right..

Intel Components, AMD Components... all made in Taiwan!
Related resources
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
May 5, 2001 2:10:52 PM

Hello :)  First of all, thanks a lot for the answer, I spared a lot to buy this baby and feared to see it turn to ashes :) 
To your question : the HSF is an Alpha PAL6035, the reseller told me it was a good one, I hope so, it was quiet expensive :(  J-L
May 6, 2001 5:27:28 AM

What is the temp of your case? I ask because I just ordered that HS/Fan and am wondering if I will get my temp down to 46. I have a case temp of 38C and my system runs around 55-59 under load, so 46C would be a big improvment for me. So like I asked above what is your case temp? I also heard that if you have a good HS/Fan and thermal paste (AS2) that your CPU should never go more than 10C over your case, anyone know if this is true?

Crap, all the good ones are already taken.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
May 6, 2001 7:45:06 AM

Most of the time, the case temp is around 28/30° :)  I used termal paste too (furnished with the fan) just didn't know exactly what is the "right" thickness so I choosed to make a quiet thin layer and I don't know if it was the right choice. :)  J-L
May 6, 2001 9:07:59 AM

28c how do you keep your case that cool? My house is set at 75F thats like 23C and my case is always 38C. I thought about unpluging the intake fan for I heard that it sometimes can disrupt airflow.

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
May 6, 2001 3:53:35 PM

Er...

All your numbers are realy high compared to mine. I used Sandra and check out these.

Duron 700Mhz

Board Temp. 26.7C/80.1F
CPU Temp. 27.6C/81.7F
Power Temp. 24.1C/75.4F

Are my numbers normal?

We put text in here and that's our signature?
May 7, 2001 4:27:22 AM

Where does Sandra tell you your temps? I use the PC Alert program in windows or just check in BIOS. I wish I could keep my case around room temp, that should help my CPU.

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
May 7, 2001 6:38:41 AM

Well, here it's usually around 21/22°C. I've a middle sized box with a fan front/down bringing the air inside and one rear/up bringing it out. I also tried as much as possible to make the inside as clean as possible (hard with two hard disk, a dvd and a burner, each on one controller :(  ). But here the weather is still cold, this summer... J-L
!