Taskbar clock is slow and internet disconnects.

cerbyd

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Prior to Windows 7 64bit my other computer used XP 32bit. The clock was always off by several hours and it seemed like time wasnt being kept when the computer was off and the time was very slow when it was on. I read that it was due to a coin battery that was basically shutting off. I didnt really pay attention to it cause i dont need the time to be correct on it and aside from that and a clicking harddrive, the computer would run fine.

Since the harddrive was clicky, i ended up buying another harddrive and tossing the old one. I installed Windows 7 64bit on it and to my surprise going on for atleast a month now, the time was correct. When id turn off the computer for the night and power it on in the morning the time was correct. All this time i thought it was the battery but nope everything worked fine. The time was always correct no matter what.

Now the problem. About 2 days ago the power turned off suddenly due to someone plugging in a heater. The heater basically shuts down the house when everyone has things powered on (tv, entertainment centers, computers etc). After that power outage the computer reverted back to its old problem.

From that moment on, the clock on the bottom right is once again behind. The time after turn off does not save and now for some reason the internet on that PC disconnects randomly on its own unless i actually go in the control panel and disable and reenable the adapter. A rundown below on whats going on...

- Clock is slow. Its 7am while the clock would read something like 2pm.
- Internet disconnects randomly and must be re-enabled in the control panel.
- The adapter is sometimes stuck in an Indentifying Network infinite loop.
- NOTHING was changed in terms of hardware, only thing different is the harddrive.

This is a PC not a laptop. I cannot figure out whats going on with this, all the proper services are started too. The PC does connect to a router which also connects to the PC im using now and as of now, my net works fine just not on the other PC.

Any idea what couldve happened?

cerbyd

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
I forgot to mention regarding the internet.

IF i restart the router, that PC is able to connect to the internet again although im not sure why this pc isnt affected but that pc is.

chugot9218

Honorable
Definitely replace your CMOS first, its only like a 3 dollar battery and could solve part of your problem, especially the clock part. I would also consider re-installing your network drivers, could you also post your full machine specs?