Sign in with
Your question

AMD... Is this True??

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
May 5, 2001 6:59:02 AM

I just came across this story.. i've never read it before. Anyone remember this?

The timer chip in Cruise Tomahawk missiles could have been responsible for one of the missiles going awry and landing in Iran today, The Register can reveal.
This morning, a Tomahawk missile landed by mistake in southern Iran,although President Katamai (it's true!) has not lodged a formal complaint.

After Gulf War I, we put it to a senior executive at AMD that it was the (AMD) 286 chips in Tomahawks which had caused some of them to not hit their targets.

Help Intel's bottom line & buy AMD.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by everett6 on 05/05/01 01:15 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

More about : amd true

May 5, 2001 11:52:38 AM

Stop spreading useless BS, and go help some people.

---------
I am the first and only one with a 16MB GeForce2 GTS graphics card! :smile:
May 5, 2001 12:34:50 PM

you could at least post the link to the article, unless it is in real print - in which case no-one will believe you!!!!!

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details
Related resources
May 5, 2001 4:43:33 PM

I keep telling everyone just how evil AMD really is, but no one listens.....
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
May 5, 2001 6:26:21 PM

everett6, as much as I support intel, I don't support you. You are dumb donkey raping shiit eater. You give people who like Intel chips and just want to leave it at that, a bad name. And who gives a shiit about some old asss 286 anyway. Is that supposed to prove something. You know what, why don't you grow a diick and go fuuck yourself.
May 5, 2001 6:48:09 PM

yeh i'm getting sick of these stupid posts

i think both of these companies are good even thoe i plan one going with an atolon for my next computter proablly to do with the fact that i can put more money in componets in the system beacue it is going to have to last me a while
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
May 5, 2001 7:21:27 PM

Bengie, I don’t care if you support AMD, Intel or Cyrix. I don’t care if you’re a homosexual, bisexual or a transvestite. Is there some reason you think i give a sh*t what YOU think.. LOL. Any way, the reason I started this thread was not necessarily to dog AMD but to find out if the story was true. I wasn’t sure because it almost sounds fake.. I mean c'mon President Katmai? That’s just too coincidental.. You guys should stop taking things so damn seriously.. my hell.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
May 5, 2001 7:32:19 PM

Oh alright what the hell then...sorry
May 5, 2001 7:53:08 PM

dude you still havent posted the link to the article. if you want to find out if its real or not, then at least help us out.

and bengie, please quiting making these inflammatory responses to otherwise calm posts. your just a newbie and so give yourself a while to find out how the forums run around here. as much as you dont like it, you cant do a whole lot about it.

<A HREF="http://www.512productions.com/lobstermagnet/" target="_new">Hyakugojyuuichi!!</A>
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
May 5, 2001 11:19:13 PM

You're right Antipop. I am just really unstable. I'll try to take my ritalin and calm down a little. I just go off the handle sometimes.
May 6, 2001 12:10:48 AM

Guess I could be wrong but the whole wording of the article tends to hint that the whole thing is a big joke.. I mean, an Amd powered missle hitting an Intel HQ, President Streaming SIMD Extensions.. Comon ;) 
May 6, 2001 2:30:36 AM

Quote:

Is there some reason you think i give a sh*t what YOU think.. LOL

You better care what he thinks, because he speaks for all of us, and, without us you'd be talking to your ass. (you're already half way there, just keep it up).

---------
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
May 6, 2001 3:04:19 AM

Dude, it is a joke. Iran has no President, they got an Ayatolla! He's an Islamic spiritual/political leader. Don't believe the tabloids, no matter what Tommy Lee Jones says.

Aklein

Life is hard...Live with it.
May 6, 2001 3:31:22 AM

Quote:
Iran has no President, they got an Ayatolla!

It seems like the Ayatolla is the president sometimes. I'd sure as hell like to put out a death-edict on a few people. But in reality they have a president. I'm not sure just what 'powers' (if any) he has, but most likely he's only president 'for life'......
May 6, 2001 3:49:13 AM

Quick question: Where did I ever say I believed it?
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
May 6, 2001 5:24:04 AM

Quote:
You better care what he thinks, because he speaks for all of us, and, without us you'd be talking to your ass. (you're already half way there, just keep it up).

Wow, well I didn’t know he was representing all of you. Did you read what he (Hack_benjamin) posted to me? I don’t think you did or you wouldn’t have said what you did. Here are couple highlights of his post.

<b> “You are dumb donkey raping shiit eater.”
“You know what, why don't you grow a diick and go fuuck yourself.” </b>

Grizely, do you really want to claim that he speaks for all of you? Do the rest of you agree with that?

At least Benjamin had the decency to apologize for his uncalled for remarks, and after that you turn around and support his vulgar language. And then you have the audacity to WARN ME!? Im sorry.. but im just clueless as to why you did that. Do you want to elaborate, Grizely?

Backups? We doan *NEED* no steenking baX%^~,VbKx NO CARRIER
May 6, 2001 10:23:30 AM

he certainly was the Ayatullah at the time. cannot find any other reference, although the register article states an AMD exec as saying that it was a timing chip, not a 286 that caused the fault.

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details
May 6, 2001 10:54:53 AM

Nope its not true, I have friends that have worked on the guidance system for those missles. Those missles haven't missed a target yet, but a few other missles have.

The t-hawks is still one of the more state of the art system, even on the older hardware its built on....

MeldarthX

I found the story really funny though......looks like an april fools story that happened around the Gulf War.....
May 6, 2001 2:28:47 PM

I'm sure we were all wanting to talk like that, but we retraint ourselves. He did it for us. (At least for me).

If you want to be a pissoff, you get deserve whatever comments you recieve.

---------
May 6, 2001 3:57:45 PM

"You better care what he thinks, because he speaks for all of us"

Uhh.. no he doesn't.
May 6, 2001 4:56:44 PM

Quote:
He did it for us. (At least for me).

---------
!