AMD's 10 year deal with Intel

G

If your interested, this <A HREF="http://213.219.40.69/06050101.htm" target="_new">article</A> over at the Inquirer is good for a laugh. AMD fans should enjoy it.

Backups? We doan *NEED* no steenking baX%^~,VbKx NO CARRIER

mjdunn

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2001
8) AMD must give back the market share they stole from Intel in the last few months. Intel claims it had it first and it is not very nice to take something that isn't yours.

ROFLMAO...thanks, I hope everyone reads this it was really worth the laugh.

96.3 % of Statistics are made up.

G

Didnt i tell ya its funny.. I like this one, lol

4) Either AMD needs to tell Nvidia they are not interested in Crush, or they need to rename it MUSH and bundle it with a packet of instant oatmeal.

Backups? We doan *NEED* no steenking baX%^~,VbKx NO CARRIER

G

Hey why no AMD guys bitching. Thats very very odd. Oh ya i forgot to give them bananas today. Sorry monkey men.

SPUDMUFFIN

<font color=red>Being Evil Is Good. Cause I Can Be A Prick And Get Away With It.</font color=red> :lol:

Lowlypawn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Why would we “AMD guys” bitch? It’s more of a putdown to Intel then AMD.

Thx for the laugh & Cya.

<font color=red>There are only 2 types of hard drives. Ones that have crashed and ones that are about to.</font color=red>

G

Actually it makes AMD look bad cause they cant make their own architecture.

SPUDMUFFIN

<font color=red>Being Evil Is Good. Cause I Can Be A Prick And Get Away With It.</font color=red> :lol:

G

Everret 6

dont u have anything better to do, how many hours a day do you spend here?

--call it what you wish, with this machine I can make mercury flow in 3 directions at once--

Lowlypawn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It’s not that they can’t make it. It’s just that they would be in the same boat as Apple. In order for AMD to be compatible with all the (x86) software out there they have to use the same X86 instruction set, which Intel owns. I guess AMD could emulate it some how, probable with a big performance hit. I also don’t know Intel motives for this, probably keeps Intel from becoming a monopoly with AMD around. Maybe Intel is afraid if they didn’t license the X86 instruction set AMD would be forced to come up with an even better solution. The Bottom line is as long as there both making money neither gives a [-peep-] about creating the next generation computer. They only do what they do to make more money. I think this is just the safest route for Intel to take.

Thx & Cya

<font color=red>There are only 2 types of hard drives. Ones that have crashed and ones that are about to.</font color=red>

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
If I were AMD biased I would start pointing out that the article is actually taking the piss out of Intel more than AMD.

I would class points 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 as a specific Intel put down.

No-one should be surprised that AMD license technology off Intel - it happens all the time in industry. It is a good position for Intel, but they should be able to use that to leverage the price break on AMD. Why the do AMD still produce chips cheaper than Intel, whilst still being able to pay Intel a % as well?

Oops.

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
10 is also a put down to intel as they were stupid enough to sign an exclusive deal wiht rambust.

<font color=red>"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and dispair!"</font color=red>

AeroSnoop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Spudmuffin your posts are so childish they are actually quite funny. But don't worry, I'm not laughing with you, I'm laughing at you.

mjdunn

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2001
How old are you? This article was a joke...if you read this article and saw something bad about AMD, you are a child or a loser, which one?

After reading it again I really like the peanut butter one!

96.3 % of Statistics are made up.

G

I do have a point. Why pay someone else when you can do it yourself and since AMD is so good maybe even better.

SPUDMUFFIN

G

Surely if the deal is two way (i.e. they both share stuff), then they're both worried about eachothers innovations, i.e. Intel's pissing their pants about isotopically pure silicon and hammer, while AMD wants an escape route if hammer goes pear-shaped (they'll make IA-64) and also <i>needs</i> SSE2 support.

~ The First Formally Rehabilitated AMD Lemming ~