Sign in with
Your question

Cheapest 3x1080p monitor setup

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 15, 2012 1:23:50 AM

I have been thinking of setting up a 3 way monitor setup sometime near in the future, and i have been wondering which way would be the cheapest route to go. One problem i have run into is that i want to be able to set it up in 3240x1920 resolution by having the monitors in portrait mode, and it seems that monitors with this option costs about 100 dollars (possibly less) more compared to other monitors without that option. It gives me headaches. I just wanted to know what is the cheapest possible way to do this. Keep in mind I would like to be able to switch from portrait to landscape. It would not bother me if it would take me a long time to switch between portrait and landscape, as long as i would be able to do both.
November 17, 2012 2:56:22 PM

anyone?
m
l
November 17, 2012 9:20:41 PM

I'm pretty sure every monitor supports portrait mode, it's a software thing, right click the desktop and press screen resolution and there you go, change it to portrait.

As for getting the cheapest/best just find the cheapest 1080p monitor you like, you have 2 options, get ones with *** stands(i.e every monitor) or spend more and get them with expensive stands, I know some BenQ's do this.

The reason for an expensive stand on it is so you can have you portrait mode obviously, not many in-the-box monitor stands can do a full 90 degree spin these days so I'd cross this one out and get a eyefinity stand that supports both vertical and horizontal and it will need to be quite adjustable so you can move the monitors closer together when in portait so there isnt a 10inch gap lol
m
l
November 17, 2012 9:46:34 PM

iixwh3l4nxii said:
I'm pretty sure every monitor supports portrait mode, it's a software thing, right click the desktop and press screen resolution and there you go, change it to portrait.

As for getting the cheapest/best just find the cheapest 1080p monitor you like, you have 2 options, get ones with *** stands(i.e every monitor) or spend more and get them with expensive stands, I know some BenQ's do this.

The reason for an expensive stand on it is so you can have you portrait mode obviously, not many in-the-box monitor stands can do a full 90 degree spin these days so I'd cross this one out and get a eyefinity stand that supports both vertical and horizontal and it will need to be quite adjustable so you can move the monitors closer together when in portait so there isnt a 10inch gap lol

yeah, i already know all monitors support portrait mode, i was just wondering which way is the cheapest way to go to get these monitors turned 90 degrees and standing . should i get a more expensive monitor with a nice stand that can turn our 3 cheap monitors with vesa mounting and get a 3 monitor stand.

this may be out of your understanding but i was also thinking i could possibly get 3 laptop screens, get 3 monitor motherboards (can be acquired very cheaply on ebay), build my own stand and stuff like that. i would definitely not be doing that now as i don't have the spare money and time to be messing around with stuff like that, but how does something like that sound?
m
l
!