Hello! I am looking to replace my desktop as my primary gaming machine. my desktop is currently running an AMD Athlon II X3 440 Rana 3.0GHz(cant unlock the 4th core, not stable) and a radeon 2900xt(old i know!)
1. What is your budget?
around $800 US. not a hard cap, but would like to keep it around here.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Anything over 14"
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I would like to play Wow and starcraft 2 at medium-high settings if possible. also plan on using it for diablo 3
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
At least 120gb
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
newegg, amazon, etc. doesn't really matter.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Any, Blu-ray would be a bonus but not necessary
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Laptop gets a decent review as well: Review Acer Aspire 5742G Notebook (GT 540M) not an exact model match but it should do for comparison of case features, etc.
Your model has an upgraded i5-480M CPU and 4GB vs i5-450M & 8GB in the reviewed model.
Ill probably go with the i5 as I assume the 80$ difference is worth the CPU performance increase. thanks again for your help, unless someone else finds a super amazing deal I'm probably going to go with the i5 acer!