SC2 Laptop

Hello! First I'd like to say that these forums have helped me out so much before! Glad I can join the community! Well my friend is looking for a laptop to purchase. He wants to go $500 for it but is willing to go a little higher and definitely lower! The only thing he really wants this for is to be able to play Starcraft 2 and Minecraft. He isn't expecting top performance, maxed settings but something that will run decently with decent graphics on. I did some of my own shopping and came up with one I thought is pretty good for the job! Just here to see if anyone can confirm that this is going to be ok for his needs, and if not some suggestions would be wonderful!

SPECS:
Processor: Pentium Dual Core P6100 (2.0 GHz and 3MB L3 cache)
Graphics: 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 DDR3 Graphics
Memory: 4GB DDR3 RAM
Price: $498.99

Thanks! :D

Nik
11 answers Last reply
More about laptop
  1. You got to 'pay to play' when it comes to laptop gaming.
    You'll know better than we if that laptop meets his needs.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1867/ss100.jpg
  2. What are the upgrade options that HP offers?
  3. WR2 said:
    What are the upgrade options that HP offers?

Yes I know this thing won't be beast at playing but he just wants it to be able to run xD

He can upgrade the processor it a Core-i3 at 2.4 GHz for $70 or make his graphics card a 1GB dedicated rather then the 512MB I have on there now. Not much room for improvement, so just wondering if this is an ok laptop or if I should try looking elsewhere?

Thanks!
  4. Going from 512Mb to 1GB VRAM won't help. The i3 upgrade is a bonus for RPGs that lean on the CPU more.
    It's on OK laptop but low graphics? Is he OK with that?
  5. Acer Aspire AS5742G-6480 @ $650
    Core i3 380M(2.53GHz) 15.6" 1366x768 LCD w/ GeForce GT 540M 4GB RAM 500GB HDD
  6. Good to know! Yeah I'll just tell him that and show him that laptop and see if he is willing to go a bit above and beyond $500.

Thanks so much for your help!
  7. Your welcome.
    Let us know how things work out.
  8. WR2 said:
    You got to 'pay to play' when it comes to laptop gaming.
    You'll know better than we if that laptop meets his needs.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1867/ss100.jpg

Where did you find that program/img from?
  9. WR2 said:
    Your welcome.
    Let us know how things work out.

Alright, well we did some digging and found a great deal on a Dell that was significantly better and the exact price! Even outdid the Acer you recommended! Thanks for your help again!
  10. Got a link to share with the rest of the forum?
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Product