YAAP valk Long Spoily

crazy, neutral female human Valkyrie

Well, i did this one in 3 days. This is one of the fastest games i
have played in real time and in turns used . (32755) This was fast
for me, but there is always room for improvement.

The game was a standard valk beginning. Just starting whacking things
from the start. I didn't have much choice in the matter since my pet
dog died from a pit on the first couple of turns.

The DoD was nice to me this game. I had large shops on levels 2-5 and
an armor store on lvl 9 and general store on lvl 10. There was more
but since i didn't even bother exploring past lvl 14 these are the
only ones that actually helped my game.

One nice early wand was poly, but since i had no pets this wasn't used
at this point.

I went to do soko first but i found an altar on lvl c 6 and found a
bones file lvl 7. This dude had two amulets and one happened to be
reflection. One of the shops on the way gave me a BoH. I hadn't even
done soko or the mines and at this point i was tempted to skip them.

I made a minor mistake at this point. I went dipping for Excalibur.
Most of my valks where lawful and didn't realize this one was was
neutral until a got a fountain message i had never seen before.
whoops.

Did soko and acquired two pets. Used the wand and Maus and Liepling
turned into a golden naga and wood elf. That's good enough for me.
when i finished soko Maus lvl up into a lord.

Well, i sorted all my junk and use the altar on lvl 6 to BUC
everything. One of the scrolls was a blessed id but since i still
had not gotten to mine town i decided to save it for the time being.
I started dipping to uncurse my sword and when that was done i
converted the altar and saced until i got mojo.

I this point i was at exp lvl 10. To lvl up my buddies and to keep my
exp where it was i stopped killing things. We killed all the
shopkeepers for the dough except for the one tending the general
store on dlvl 2.

Mine town had no lamps and only 4 candles, but i managed to get naked
ac protection of 3 after my pets killed all the shopkeepers. Then
even though the priest was co-aligned i had him rubbed out too. I
found a lvl 1 spell book and read it so that i could have a means to
become confused.

I schlepped all the stuff back to my stash on lvl 7. I then went to
get some more stuff from the shops on lvl 9 and 10. I was lucky and
found a magic lamp already blessed. The other blessed potion of water
went to bless my bag. I used the wish for the eye of the tapioca.

Now i went and used the scroll of id to see what i had for potions and
scrolls and wands. I had 3 wands that disappeared text so i knew i
had cancellation and teleport, but i wasn't prepared for what else i
had. I had a ring of tel control. I had a scroll of teleport that was
already cursed. I had unholy water (i wonder why i didn't notice that
before) and one scroll of genocide and two of charging. Ascending
from this point was just going through the motions.

I blessed genocided L first chance i got.

Step one polypile some of this junk. The first step netted me free
action and lev for rings, tools included a magic whistle, lenses and
a tinning kit, and wands included enlightenment and probing. Used the
lenses to read spell books up to level 3. Switched my cloak of
displacement for the robe.

Second round netted me speed boots.

Step two was to get holy water. I canceled scrolls, potions and
cursed items and went to the altar to pray.

Step three was to get the castle wand. Used the c?oT and went to the
valley. Went up and cleared the castle. Having -17 for ac meant that
i had to use elbereth fighting the dragons but i made it. Only the
white dragon dropped scales.

I grabbed from the castle ?,!, +, wands, tools and k-rats. Oh ,and
the castle WoW. Then i went down and cleared the valley. I kept Maus
the elven king and Liepling the Golden Nag out of harms way while i
went into the thick of things with a ring of conflict. Enough wraiths
dropped corpses to reach lvl 15

step 4 was to retrieve the luck stone from mines end. I didn't know
the orb of weight provided this service or i would have skipped this
step. I invoked the eye to get to mines end, but since i hadn't
explored deeper than mine town that was where it dropped me off.
Damn, learn something new every game.

Got the luck stone and did a sac fest until my luck was maxed out. I
think i also got crowned at this point and so switched to vorpal
blade. (i didn't want stuff to blow up.) I had this intention in mind
from the start and never advanced hammer past basic.

I saw that my spell casting ability at lvl 17 was pretty good so i
used the castle wand (0:3) for a HoB +3. all lvl 2 spells where at 0%
and lv l 3 at unskilled was about 30%. I will take charm monster at
30% any day of the week. Another round of polying after reading all
my spell books, got me an +oID. All the other 6 wishes went to magic
markers.

I enchanted up my armor, proofed it, and read charging until my spell
points where up to 200. I had to use 2 or 3 !oB since i went so fast
none of my spells timed out yet. I also enchanted 20 daggers to +6
and vorpy up to +6

Step 4 was to go finish the quest. I zipped through it and tinned
enough giants to get my str up to 18:00. The quest was on lvl 13 and
this is the last level i bothered exploring in the DoD.

After the quest i use the eye and the orb to get me to the bottom of
Hell. Found the vibrating square and marked it. (lvl 49) Lvl 48
contained the portal so i stepped through it. the bottom of the tower
was on lvl 40. I read MM and cleared the tower . Repeated this for
the next level and on Rodney's lair MM revealed the fork to Vlad's.

I invoked the orb again to get me to level 39 and went down to get to
Vlad's. After clearing Vlad's tower i went back to my stash to get
all my blank scrolls. the last poly session actually created a +of
MM but it was at 80%. Still, it would save me some charges on my
markers.

I also did my last adjustment of my stash. I cursed all my !ofGl and
used alchemy to turn 9 !ofH into EH. I didn't convert the resulting
potions into full healing because i needed gain level to zip past
hell. I also didn't need the HP that badly.

I went and killed Rodney and went into the sanctum. I used the trick
of going up and then lvl porting back down to avoid the grave yard. I
was deposited in the big room about 6 steps away from the temple
door. Went in and killed the priest. I found and named the amulet
coke and drank my first c!oGl.

The next trick was to use the portal on lvl 48 to skip 8 levels on the
run up . (I never even visited lvls 47-41 and all i saw from 37-29
and 26-14 was what was revealed from Magic mapping. ) I used to think
that being in the tower prevented the mysterious force but i was
mistaken. I was thrown back from Rodney lair back to the bottom of
the tower. damn.

When i reached the wizards lair i dropped the amulet and waited until
Maus picked it up. then i invoked the eye to get to Vlad's, stepped
outside, and whistled Maus over. Man i love shortcuts.

I used controlled teleport the rest of the way up when i could and
c!ofgl when i couldn't. I ran out of potions after Jubi's swamp and
had to walk past the last demon's lair. I also had to walk past the
castle and killed Medusa as an afterthought in her swamp.

the rest of the way up was either reading ? of MM or casting it and
then porting to the stairs. When i hit my stash i took 2 blanks spell
books and any scrolls and potions i had left. I canceled most of
them and made holy water with the potions. I also made sure to take
some k-rats with me.

The planes went quick. Even water was quick with the portal floating
towards me once i made it to the middle of the level. Astral was a
pain because i only had two wands of teleport. This on top of the
fact that i had to do the grand tour made it a pain, but only because
i just wanted to sac the amulet and go to bed.

I always go up the middle first. I Put on a blindfold and found out it
was death. I waited until it stepped next to me and whacked it. Then
i got a free turn and i killed it. This happened with all the riders.
None of them ever got a hit on me. Next i went left and when i
checked it turned out to be pesty. Famine was to the right and once
it went down I teleported all the rest of the rabble out of my way.

Crazy the Warrior St:18/** Dx:18 Co:18 In:22 Wi:22 Ch:16
Neutral
Astral Plane $:0 HP:232(240) Pw:234(234) AC:-39 Exp:17 T:32755
Satiated

Your inventory
Amulets
h - an uncursed amulet of reflection (being worn)
q - an uncursed amulet of unchanging
Z - the blessed Eye of the Aethiopica
Weapons
o - 6 rustproof +6 daggers (wielded in other hand)
L - the blessed rustproof +6 Vorpal Blade (weapon in hand)
Armor
p - a blessed fireproof +4 pair of leather gloves (being worn)
t - a blessed +4 Hawaiian shirt (being worn)
v - a blessed +5 white dragon scale mail (being worn)
N - a blessed fireproof +5 robe (being worn)
O - a blessed greased rustproof +4 helm of brilliance (being worn)
W - a blessed fireproof +4 pair of speed boots (being worn)
Comestibles
G - an uncursed lizard corpse
Spellbooks
y - the cursed Book of the Dead
Rings
n - an uncursed ring of levitation
x - an uncursed ring of free action (on left hand)
Wands
d - a wand of digging (0:4)
g - a wand of enlightenment (4:4)
l - a wand of undead turning (0:5)
m - a blessed wand of teleportation (1:1)
r - a wand of lightning (0:3)
E - a wand of digging (0:3)
I - a wand of digging (0:2)
P - a wand of digging (1:5)
Q - a wand of cancellation (3:2)
R - a wand of digging (0:4)
X - a thoroughly rusty wand of cancellation (0:5)
Y - a wand of digging (1:5)
Tools
b - a blessed greased bag of holding
c - a cursed very rusty stethoscope
j - a blessed blindfold
k - an uncursed very rusty skeleton key
u - a blessed +0 unicorn horn
w - a blessed magic whistle
J - the blessed Orb of Fate (0:2)
Gems
a - 2 uncursed amethyst stones
f - 2 uncursed diamonds
S - 4 uncursed emeralds
T - 2 cursed chrysoberyl stones
V - an uncursed obsidian stone

Contents of the bag of holding:
an uncursed amulet of magical breathing
an uncursed amulet of life saving
14 blessed rustproof +6 daggers
an uncursed +0 pair of water walking boots
6 uncursed K-rations
2 uncursed lizard corpses
2 uncursed food rations
3 uncursed pancakes
2 uncursed fortune cookies
2 uncursed lembas wafers
an uncursed carrot
an uncursed egg
an uncursed scroll of teleportation
3 uncursed scrolls of gold detection
8 cursed scrolls of teleportation
8 uncursed scrolls of blank paper
3 blessed scrolls of charging
a blessed scroll of scare monster
a blessed scroll of earth
an uncursed spellbook of blank paper
an uncursed spellbook of blank paper
an uncursed potion of sickness
15 potions of holy water
an uncursed potion of paralysis
a blessed potion of paralysis
4 blessed potions of object detection
3 blessed potions of full healing
3 potions of unholy water
an uncursed ring of polymorph
an uncursed ring of regeneration
an uncursed ring of slow digestion
an uncursed ring of free action
an uncursed ring of polymorph control
an uncursed ring of slow digestion
an uncursed +2 ring of increase damage
a wand of undead turning (0:6)
a wand of lightning (0:5)
a wand of speed monster (0:6)
a wand of fire (0:3)
a thoroughly rusty wand of lightning (0:7)
a wand of fire (0:8)
a wand of locking (0:4)
a wand of secret door detection (0:12)
a wand of secret door detection (0:15)
a wand of cold (0:3)
a wand of cold (0:5)
a wand of opening (2:6)
a wand of undead turning (2:4)
a wand of enlightenment (0:4)
a wand of probing (1:5)
a wand of undead turning (1:4)
a blessed fireproof magic marker (0:30)
an uncursed pair of lenses
an uncursed leash
an uncursed leash
a fireproof magic marker (0:59)
a can of grease (0:24)

Final attributes
You were the Envoy of Balance
You were piously aligned
You were fire resistant
You were cold resistant
You were sleep resistant
You were disintegration-resistant
You were shock resistant
You were poison resistant
You were magic-protected
You saw invisible
You were telepathic
You were warned
You were invisible to others
You were stealthy
You aggravated monsters
You could teleport
You were protected
You were very fast
You had reflection
You had free action
You were wielding two weapons at once
You were extremely lucky (10)
You had extra luck
Good luck did not time out for you
You survived

Spells known in the end
Name Level Category Fail
a - cause fear 3* enchantment 25%
b - knock 1 matter 0%
c - light 1 divination 0%
d - sleep 1 enchantment 0%
e - healing 1 healing 0%
f - wizard lock 2 matter 0%
g - drain life 2 attack 0%
h - detect unseen 3 divination 25%
i - detect food 2 divination 0%
j - confuse monster 2 enchantment 0%
k - detect monsters 1 divination 0%
l - fireball 4 attack 0%
m - create familiar 6 clerical 100%
n - charm monster 3 enchantment 25%
o - stone to flesh 3 healing 25%
p - haste self 3 escape 0%
q - cure sickness 3 healing 15%
r - dig 5 matter 80%
s - turn undead 6 clerical 100%
t - identify 3 divination 25%
u - cancellation 7 matter 100%
v - magic missile 2 attack 0%
w - protection 1 clerical 0%
x - slow monster 2 enchantment 0%
y - invisibility 4 escape 0%
z - restore ability 4 healing 50%
A - force bolt 1 attack 0%
B - jumping 1 escape 0%
C - cone of cold 4 attack 0%
D - extra healing 3 healing 15%
E - clairvoyance 3 divination 25%
F - create monster 2 clerical 0%
G - cure blindness 2 healing 0%
H - magic mapping 5 divination 80%
I - remove curse 3 clerical 15%

Vanquished creatures
Asmodeus
The Wizard of Yendor (4 times)
Death (twice)
Pestilence (twice)
Famine
a high priest
Medusa
3 krakens
an iron golem
5 storm giants
a glass golem
2 balrogs
a purple worm
2 gray dragons
2 silver dragons
2 white dragons
2 orange dragons
a black dragon
a yellow dragon
2 minotaurs
Lord Surtur
5 baluchitheria
an Angel
Vlad the Impaler

snip list

1384 creatures vanquished.

Genocided or extinct species:
liches
demiliches
master liches
arch-liches
erinyes (extinct)
4 species genocided.
1 species extinct.

Voluntary challenges
You genocided 4 types of monsters
You polymorphed 606 items
You never changed form
You used 8 wishes

Your skills at the end
Fighting Skills
two weapon combat [Skilled]
Weapon Skills
dagger [Expert]
long sword [Expert]
hammer [Basic]
Spellcasting Skills
attack spells [Basic]
escape spells [Basic]

Farvel crazy the Demigoddess...
You went to your reward with 1551854 points,
The Book of the Dead (worth 10000 zorkmids and 25000 points)
The Orb of Fate (worth 3500 zorkmids and 8750 points)
Vorpal Blade (worth 4000 zorkmids and 10000 points)
The Eye of the Aethiopica (worth 4000 zorkmids and 10000 points)
4 emeralds (worth 10000 zorkmids),
2 diamonds (worth 8000 zorkmids),
2 chrysoberyl stones (worth 1400 zorkmids),
2 amethyst stones (worth 1200 zorkmids),
1 obsidian stone (worth 200 zorkmids),
1 amulet of life saving (worth 150 zorkmids),
1 amulet of unchanging (worth 150 zorkmids),
1 amulet of reflection (worth 150 zorkmids),
1 amulet of magical breathing (worth 150 zorkmids),
and 0 pieces of gold, after 32755 moves.
Killer: ascended
You were level 17 with a maximum of 240 hit points when you ascended.

You reached the 890th place on the top 2000 list.

No Points Name
Hp [max]

888 1566758 Hank-Val-Dwa-Fem-Law died on the Astral Plane.
Killed by Pestilence (with the Amulet).
- [259]
889 1560438 greycat-Cav-Hum-Mal-Neu died in Gehennom on level 30
[max 49]. Killed by Yeenoghu, while helpless.
- [412]
890 1551854 crazy-Val-Hum-Fem-Neu ascended to demigoddess-hood.
232 [240]
891 1551170 VaderFLAG-Ran-Elf-Fem-Cha died in Gehennom on level
48. Killed by a touch of death.
186 [238]
892 1537721 Eisengrim-Val-Hum-Fem-Law choked on her food in
Gehennom on level 44. Choked on a mind flayer
corpse.
253 [253]

jorge estrada wrote on Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:01:00 +0100:
> crazy, neutral female human Valkyrie

> Well, i did this one in 3 days. This is one of the fastest games i
> have played in real time and in turns used . (32755) This was fast
> for me, but there is always room for improvement.

A pity NAO does not record turns and conducts in the log file. There is
a fun competitive atmosphere, but score is not particularly interesting.

> killed all the shopkeepers

How evil!

> I used the wish for the eye of the tapioca.

You are well along the path to the Dark Side.

> Having -17 for ac meant that
> i had to use elbereth fighting the dragons but i made it. Only the
> white dragon dropped scales.

AC: -17 vs dragons seems fine. Especially if you use conflict.

> When i reached the wizards lair i dropped the amulet and waited until
> Maus picked it up. then i invoked the eye to get to Vlad's, stepped
> outside, and whistled Maus over. Man i love shortcuts.

I'm still not convinced that this really saves turns. Most of the levels
you skipped can be bypassed with ^T, and on the wizard levels you are
probably taking more steps through the inside of the tower than you would
in a dug-out path on the outside.

(I just now had the brilliant idea of using a pacified shopkeeper to
transport the Amulet, unfortunately that has been fixed recently.)

> O - a blessed greased rustproof +4 helm of brilliance (being worn)

For humans it is worthwhile to increase this to +5 (use drain life), even
if it means a few less points of AC.

--
"Sometimes I stand by the door and look into the darkness. Then I
am reminded how dearly I cherish my boredom, and what a precious