Sign in with
Your question

3D Monitor Recommendations Needed

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 15, 2012 7:59:10 PM

Will be in the market soon for a new monitor. This is the start of the path there. Help me with some places to start if you don't mind. :-)

Approximate Purchase Date: 2-3 Months (Jan-Feb 2013)

Budget Range: $400-$500

Monitor Usage from Most to Least Important: Editing video/pictures (REALLY want the best monitor for 2D-3D picture conversion more than any other features), gaming, lots of low light productivity/browsing

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Wherever is cheapest. I love newegg but they haven't responded to my sponsorship pleas...

Country of Origin: US

Brand Preferences: All I've had are Samsung LCD's (although a lot of those), those were purchased based on reviews primarily for deep color saturation and good blacks (at the time)

Physical Size (Diagonal): 21"-23"

Resolution(s) You'll Consider: 1920x1080+ (pixel density is very important for me with how much low light picture editing I do)

Computers and Other Devices To Attach: 1 Desktop (DisplayPort, DVI, HDMI), 1 laptop (VGA, DVI, HDMI

Panel Type(s) Desired: (e.g.: TN, PVA, IPS) Don't know enough to intelligently pick on this one, I'm willing to hear arguments for and against with a price vs performance weight.

LED Backlight: Indifferent

Speakers: Indifferent (they wont be used)

Wall-Mount: It will be mounted on a Samus cantilever style arm (uses standard mount points on monitor)

Stand Functions: completely unimportant as it will be thrown away neary as soon as the box is opened. So I guess actually, it needs to be one that doesn't have added features (usb etc) in the actual stand portion.

Additional Comments: The most important feature is a good sharp image (low dot pitch), convincing 2d-3d conversion for pictures, accurate colors (in that order)

Thanks for taking the time to read it. Hopefully you've got a model in mind already!

November 28, 2012 6:58:17 PM

Any recommendations guys? Even just talking points to consider?
m
l
!