Toshiba recovery problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3llbound

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2010
Hey every1,

So i have a friends laptop and i am suposibaly fixing it, as his HDD is dead so i got Seagate Momentus XT 500gb to replace his old 1, He supplied two Toshiba Recovery discs that he had made. aswell as the default 1 that it came with.

After running through toshiba restore following the details and letting it restart into windows i get setting up windows for first time use, which is expected. Then screen cuts into a white toshiba page after making the Welcome to windows sound saying "please wait... finishg the installtion may take several minutes. please do not interrupt or shutdown computer!
After letting it finish i restarts and boots into windows just to do the same thing like its stuck in a loop.
Its a new HDD, Momentus XT 500gb replacing an old hdd that died. So can any1 help me out?

wribbs

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
My first few thoughts / Things to try.
Does it do this with the recovery CD removed?
Try a boot to safemode.
Try to reinstall again.
Don't use the recovery CD, use regular Windows installer & download drivers.

h3llbound

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2010

Well when the recovery finishes it forces the disk out. and when i try boot into safemood it says

"windows cannot compete installtion in safe mode. to continue installing windows, restart the computer. Ive treid doing it a few times yet get the same stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.