Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Is the Asus VG236H AMD HD3D compatible?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 16, 2012 10:44:15 PM

I know it's not on the official supported list, but I have heard from a couple sources that it still works great with HD3D + tridef

I know for sure that displayport works fine and I could get a samsung monitor, but I'm not sure if 1080p frame sequential 3d support has been added for dual-link dvi connections yet.
November 17, 2012 12:27:30 AM

The last I checked, AMD doesn't work with DL DVI-D, but there is a Samsung 700 series that will work on for certain, as it is designed for AMD and not Nvidia, with reviews that shows it works.

I have a 3d vision monitor now, and an older 6950 I can try it on. I've been meaning to try it out. I'll see about testing it tonight. I'll let you know how it goes. Incidentally, it did work through the HDMI 1.4a connection in the past, but that limits me to 720p or 24hz.
m
l
November 17, 2012 12:47:37 AM

bystander said:
The last I checked, AMD doesn't work with DL DVI-D, but there is a Samsung 700 series that will work on for certain, as it is designed for AMD and not Nvidia, with reviews that shows it works.

I have a 3d vision monitor now, and an older 6950 I can try it on. I've been meaning to try it out. I'll see about testing it tonight. I'll let you know how it goes. Incidentally, it did work through the HDMI 1.4a connection in the past, but that limits me to 720p or 24hz.

Alright that would be great, I was actually set on buying the s23a750d, but if the Asus is compatible then I feel as if it would be a better choice.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

November 17, 2012 2:10:06 AM

I just attempted to use Tridef 3D with an AMD card on a 3D Vision monitor. It does not work through dual-link DVI-D. It does work with the HDMI 1.4a connection. For the most part, HD3D requires frame packing, and DVI does not support it. Samsung did manage some work around with the 700 series, but this is special, and does not seem to work with 3D Vision monitors.
November 17, 2012 2:19:44 AM

Best answer selected by nacos.
m
l
!