NetHack Source

Does anyone have the source code for 3.4 in C?
Could please email it to me misterfett[at]gmail.com?
I couldnt use anything from www.nethack.org.
Thanks.

I downloaded the wrong file:

My moms computer uses windows, (I am trying to help her see the light
of Linux)
and I downloaded the gz instead of the zip. Problem solved now, thank
you chuck.

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

"misterfett" <misterfett@gmail.com> wrote in

> Does anyone have the source code for 3.4 in C?
> Could please email it to me misterfett[at]gmail.com?
> I couldnt use anything from www.nethack.org.
> Thanks.

the source is usually distributed as a tar.gz file ~ 3.4 meg in size. Your
best bet it to go to freshmeat.net or the web and type in nethack in the
search window. This will bring up the web page address development status
(beta Os's supported, etc) and an ftp link to the current version along with
a link to sourceforge at which you can "show all files" to get the version
(3.40?) you wish. I just did it and got right to 3.4.3's source code.

Chuck
--
lisp LIVES!!!

"misterfett" <misterfett@gmail.com> wrote:

>Does anyone have the source code for 3.4 in C?
>I couldnt use anything from www.nethack.org.

Of what kind are your problems with the nethack.org distribution?

--
Philipp Lucas
phlucas@online-club.de

misterfett wrote:
> Does anyone have the source code for 3.4 in C?
> Could please email it to me misterfett[at]gmail.com?
> I couldnt use anything from www.nethack.org.
> Thanks.

Does the subject of this post make anyone else want to see NetHack on
the Half-Life 2 Engine? Just think of the realistic physics!

misterfett wrote:
> I downloaded the wrong file:
>
> My moms computer uses windows, (I am trying to help her see the light
> of Linux)
> and I downloaded the gz instead of the zip.

Isn't Winzip capable of decoding gz files? (The version I am occasionally
using handles it.)

> Problem solved now, thank
> you chuck.

Janis

Andy Johnson wrote:
> misterfett wrote:
> > Does anyone have the source code for 3.4 in C?
> > Could please email it to me misterfett[at]gmail.com?
> > I couldnt use anything from www.nethack.org.
> > Thanks.
> >

> Does the subject of this post make anyone else want to see NetHack on

> the Half-Life 2 Engine? Just think of the realistic physics!
The source engine doesn't handle the physics, Havok does.

> I downloaded the wrong file:
>
> My moms computer uses windows, (I am trying to help her see the light
> of Linux)
> and I downloaded the gz instead of the zip. Problem solved now, thank
> you chuck.

perhaps you misunderstood me, or vice versa, I said the source code comes in
tgz/tar.gz but the zip would be the windows distribution. You wanted source
code right???

--
lisp LIVES!!!

Andy Johnson wrote:
> Does the subject of this post make anyone else want to see NetHack on

> the Half-Life 2 Engine? Just think of the realistic physics!

Not particularly, but I would be interested to see HL2 running on a
nethack 'engine'...

In article <1111382986.133701.193720@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
misterfett <misterfett@gmail.com> wrote:

--snip description of attempt to download nethack source

>My moms computer uses windows, (I am trying to help her see the light
>of Linux)
>and I downloaded the gz instead of the zip. Problem solved now, thank
>you chuck.

let me guess...
you are
1) teaching your mom nethack or
2) teaching her to compile nethack or
3) she is teaching you ...

in any case, you are a better person than i

Number 1, Definitely. That and trying to convince to let me put Debian
on her machine.

Number 1, definitely. That, and I am trying to get her to allow me to
install Debian on her machine.