Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Operating system not found

Last response: in Windows 7
January 18, 2013 1:55:47 AM

Last day when i was watching a movie in my vaio laptop. It crashed and when it restarts it shows a message 'OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND'

when i go into bois menu there shows no Hdd PRESENT.I have all recovery disks of my sony vaio.

Help me!

More about : operating system found

a b $ Windows 7
January 18, 2013 10:10:58 AM

contact sony to give u the recovery
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
January 18, 2013 10:33:06 AM

Hi :) 

Run a hard drive test in DOS...HIRENS CD etc, it sounds like a failing hard drive...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
Related resources
January 18, 2013 10:39:57 AM

Brett928S2 said:

Run a hard drive test in DOS...HIRENS CD etc, it sounds like a failing hard drive...

the hirens cd is the best thing ever created haha. but i agree most likely a failing hdd or corrupt boot partition. may need to run startup repair and or rebuild the bootloader etc
m
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
January 18, 2013 11:00:59 AM

Safest thing to so, replace the HDD and then re-install the system from your restore discs. If the HDD is failing, repairing the system on the same HDD will only mean other problems down the road. If the system is a few years old, the HDD is approaching it's lifespan limit.
January 18, 2013 1:16:58 PM

Brett928S2 said:

yes it looks like so. When i go into the bios there was no hard drive shown, so i remove the hard drive and again put it back. Only once it shows hdd present .but the same again occur.:-)
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
January 18, 2013 1:43:29 PM

manik_79 said:
yes it looks like so. When i go into the bios there was no hard drive shown, so i remove the hard drive and again put it back. Only once it shows hdd present .but the same again occur.:-)

New hard drive time I think ....

m
l
January 20, 2013 3:13:36 PM

Brett928S2 said:

New hard drive time I think ....

Need not bcaz i have the warranty of vaio yet.:-)
m
l
January 20, 2013 3:15:04 PM

Best answer selected by manik_79.
m
l
!