belt clip problem

February 17, 2005 2:03:05 AM

Hi,

I have a T-3 in a leather case that uses a standard belt clip and brass
knob. The belt clip releases with a standard pushbutton on top of the clip.
I find when I sit down, my clothing at times will push on the top of the
clip and release my Palm.

Does anyone know of a solution or a clip that has a more secure release
system?

Thanks,

--Randy Starkey

More about : belt clip problem

February 17, 2005 8:30:52 AM

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 23:03:05 -0600, Randy Starkey wrote:

> Does anyone know of a solution or a clip that has a more
> secure release system?

If you could glue or epoxy some sort of wall or ring surrounding
the pushbutton, even a low ring might be enough to prevent
accidental release but still allow you to easily push the button.
You might not even need to use a complete ring. Maybe just a small
wooden or metal block on either side of the pushbutton would work.

Alternatively, if the pushbutton uses a coiled spring and you can
disassemble the thing, a shim used to compress the spring a little
more might help by requiring more force on the pushbutton than your
clothing could provide.
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 11:32:46 PM

Randy Starkey wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a T-3 in a leather case that uses a standard belt clip and brass
> knob. The belt clip releases with a standard pushbutton on top of the
> clip. I find when I sit down, my clothing at times will push on the top of
> the clip and release my Palm.
>
> Does anyone know of a solution or a clip that has a more secure release
> system?

<http://www.vajacases.com&gt;

Their Ultra Clip requires both that you push the button and turn the whole
case 90 degrees before it comes loose.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate