January 18, 2013 2:56:53 AM

Hello
My specs-
Core i7 3770k processor
Asrock z77 extreme 4 mobo
Corsair vengeance 2x4gb ram
Seagate barracuda 1TB Hdd
I hope it's enough for info...
Please recommend me what Windows should I use. I am mostly heavy gamer and some android development and 3d models creation, Photoshop etc.
Since I was using Windows 7 ultimate till now in my old pc, so I asked here. Latest is Windows 7 and I want to install that.
But we'll I be able to run all games as easily as Windows 7 as well as other programs too?
January 18, 2013 10:05:15 AM

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
windows 8 professional 64 bit
a b $ Windows 7
January 18, 2013 10:45:33 AM

7 -64 bit
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 18, 2013 10:47:12 AM

Windows 7 64bit definitely. Just make sure it's legitimate.

You can find more information in regards to the different versions of Windows 7 HERE.
January 18, 2013 10:51:30 AM

windows 7 64bit
January 18, 2013 11:03:49 AM

I see most of you people recommend Windows 7.
But what's the problem in Windows 8?
It can't run all games and softwares?
January 18, 2013 12:07:16 PM

I believe it's too early to jump on Win8 since I've seen most of my friends who uses it has some software issues, game crashing or couldn't start. If you can live with that, great, go for it.

I would still recommend Win7 64-bit if you prefer stability and less issues (or known issues that have been fixed)

Best solution

January 18, 2013 12:20:41 PM

Quote:
heavy gamer and
some android development and
3d models creation

Some people 'fear' Windows 8 because it runs faster in some games, and some (a very small percentage) may have compatibility problems with the new User Interface.

As for Android Development, Java doesn't work win the new Windows 8 GUI (at all, and I don't think Oracle have sorted that out yet).
- http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/win8_faq.xml

3d models creation, the majority of this software is highly tested on Windows 7 x64 Service Pack 1.

Unless you want to develop Windows Store Apps, Windows Phone Apps, instead there isn't much point recommending Windows 8 to you, even though the chipset and CPU are both 'Windows 8 leaning' (Intel Z77 + Intel Core i7 3000 series).
January 18, 2013 1:06:11 PM

Scott_D_Bowen said:
Quote:
heavy gamer and
some android development and
3d models creation

Some people 'fear' Windows 8 because it runs faster in some games, and some (a very small percentage) may have compatibility problems with the new User Interface.

As for Android Development, Java doesn't work win the new Windows 8 GUI (at all, and I don't think Oracle have sorted that out yet).
- http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/win8_faq.xml

3d models creation, the majority of this software is highly tested on Windows 7 x64 Service Pack 1.

Unless you want to develop Windows Store Apps, Windows Phone Apps, instead there isn't much point recommending Windows 8 to you, even though the chipset and CPU are both 'Windows 8 leaning' (Intel Z77 + Intel Core i7 3000 series).

Thanks. Just the sort of answer I was looking for.
I'll go with Windows 7 and use Windows 8 in virtual stations :) 
January 18, 2013 1:06:43 PM

Best answer selected by Jaskaran498.
!