Your question

Windows 7 home activation key

Tags:
  • Windows 7
  • Computers
Last response: in Windows 7
January 18, 2013 2:59:05 AM

Hello,
I purchased an Asus Eee PC netbook about 18 months ago. I bought it from NewEgg. It was advertised with a limited edition of Windows. So I thought fine. All I really need is word. All of a sudden I get messages that my windows software is not genuine. I am wondering if the manufacturer or individual installing window 7 on my computer used bogus software ? I called New Egg and they said to call Asus. They told me to update my computer but it did not help. I am still getting messages that the copy of windows on my computer is not genuine. Any suggestions ?
Thanks,
M.

eee PC net book

More about : windows home activation key

a b $ Windows 7
January 18, 2013 3:08:41 AM

Is there a sticker with a product code somewhere on the laptop?
Did you activate the windows when you received the laptop?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 18, 2013 3:28:39 AM

Contact ms customer care via email or phone. they give another activation code (genius ms key required) (see sicker in cpu). reactivation can cure this.
m
l
January 18, 2013 3:53:05 AM

I had the same problem but in my case the hard drive was damaged and I had to replace it, called Bestbuy to get my product key, they've directed me to Dell and they told me to bring the laptop to them blah blah blah, then I just downloaded a fresh-ultimate copy of windows 7 with its activation and it worked perfectly fine. If you need a product key look under your laptop there should be a sticker with the product key and all that good stuff, if you want a fresh copy, then contact you manufacturer or do what I did. :D  I hope that helped, have a great day.
m
l
!